Golden Mile Melbourne Heritage Walking Tour
It is a ‘must do’ activity in the city for history buffs and is also a wonderful way for visitors to orientate themselves around the important historical points of the city. With a registered professional tour guide learn about Melbourne’s history and heritage first hand. The Walk is approximately 2.5 hours duration and includes a seated morning drink stop.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Stop for morning drink
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Golden Mile Heritage Trail
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hidden Secrets Tours - Melbourne, Suite 18, Level 6/37 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Make your own way to Federation Square to meet your guide on the lower level inside the Melbourne Visitors Centre at 10am. Enjoy a casual history lesson as a professional tour guide leads you along Melbourne’s iconic Golden Mile Heritage Walk. Despite its name, the famous Golden Mile Heritage Walk runs for 4km. So this tour breaks it up - from Federation Square via the Immigration Museum to Town Hall, or Federation Square via Town Hall to Parliament.
Stop At: Golden Mile Heritage Trail, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
The guided tour provides participants with an opportunity to share in the guides’ great knowledge as stories of Melbourne’s history and gold heritage secrets are revealed as you pass the various landmarks. Tales of early settlers, grand merchants and whacky characters of Marvellous Melbourne will give a glimpse of the city's past.
Midway through the tour, you’ll stop and refresh with an included coffee or tea at one of Melbourne's trendy cafes. As you breeze along Collins Street, you’ll have the opportunity to peek inside some of the sophisticated interiors such as the Gothic ANZ bank, Melbourne Tall Hall or the Athenaeum (weekdays only).
Please note: The West East section of the route is available on weekdays and the East section on weekends and public holidays.
The Eastern section includes the Theatre and Chinatown areas, that are more accessible on the weekends.
Departure Point :St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.