Golden Ring and Trinity Lavra Private Day Trip from Moscow
This is the only reasonably priced tour with a private guide and a business class comfy car to the Countryside! Fix price for a group up to 4 persons.
The same conditions for private groups up to 9 people - fixed price by Minivan.
Enjoy a full day private tour (for your group only) departing from your Moscow hotel to the Golden Ring town of Sergiev Posad.
On our way, we will visit amazing landmarks including the famous St. Sergius Trinity Lavra Monastery, Chernigov Skete (monks retreat) with its underground cave church as well as Matryoshka doll painting masterclass and some other interesting places on our route.
Learn about Russian history, culture and enjoy gorgeous countryside landscapes
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Central Moscow area)
- Master class: Matryoshka nesting doll painting
- Fresh pastries with herbal tea tasting
- Private car (4 doors sedan) for groups up to 4 people, Minivan for groups up to 8 people
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (very much appreciated!)
- Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel early morning and set off for a full day countryside adventure. We will ride 60 miles (100 km) towards the town of Sergiev Posad, one of the Golden Ring towns. First, visit a famous Russian Orthodox retreat temple called Chernigov Skete (If you book your tour on Sunday, we will have a chance to visit early morning church service).
In Skete you will research an underground church, dug by monks in the 19th century. Afterwards, refresh yourself with local herb tea and fresh pastries.
After that we will continue to St. Sergius Monastery. Enjoy a walking tour, visit 15-16th century temples, look at famous paintings of Andrey Rublyov and learn about Russian history. Along the way, you will have a chance to try a famous Russian Summer drink, called kvass (if your trip is during the summertime) along with a famous Russian pastries called pirozhki. Take a break for lunch in a nice cafe where you will have a chance to try dishes from Russian or soviet cuisine.
And you will have a chance to do something creative with your hands. You will have a master class at Matryoshka regarding painting or at creating church candles made from real wax.
The final stop of the day is at the Abramtsevo estate, a 19th century retreat for Russian writers and painters, a gorgeous place to learn about the Russophile movement and relax before transferring back to Moscow. You will be dropped off at your hotel between 5pm and 6pm at the conclusion of your tour. Feel free to ask questions and your guide will share some useful information and suggestions on what to do and to see regarding the best Moscow has to offer.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Should your hotel not be listed, You have to provide us with your hotel location so that we can arrange your pick up. Otherwise, we can not guarantee your timely pickupPickup from your hotel at 8:00am
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Instant Confirmation
- Conservative clothing required. Ladies please wear long skirts and have a scarf to cover your head inside churches
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.