Golden Rock Group Return Day Trip from Yangon
Visit the Golden Rock, one of the most marvellous and respected religious sites in Myanmar. Guaranteed departures every Wednesday & Saturday!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off (Hotels in downtown area)
- English-speaking driver
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Admission fee & Truck fare
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
At 5:00 AM - 5:45 AM: Pick up in Yangon
In the morning between 5 AM to 5:45 AM you get picked up at your hotel and transfer to the meeting point at the Golden Express office. From here the tour starts.
Around 7 AM: War Memorial
You stop at the Htaukkyant War memorial cemetery, a cemetery for Allied soldiers of the British Commonwealth, who died in the battle in Burma (Myanmar) during the Second World War.
Please note, that this is just a quick stop on the way. The cemetery cannot be visited.
Around 8 AM: Breakfast
We will stop for breakfast at 39 miles (Phayar Gyi Junction) on our way to Golden Rock.
Around 10:30 AM: Kinpun base camp
After two and a half hours, we reach the Kinpun base camp. Here you join an adventurous ride in a public open truck to reach the Golden Rock. Taking the local truck is an adventure itself as the road is very bumpy. You can also reach the Golden Rock Pagoda by cable car. The cable car gate is situated halfway to the mountain.
If you wish to reach the Golden Rock by cable car, both truck and cable car fares must be paid.
Around 11:30 AM: Walk to the Golden Rock local market
Upon arrival at the truck station, you will walk up to the Golden Rock pagoda by passing lots of vendors - take this chance to snap some colorful photos. On the top of the hill, you have plenty of time to not only admire the magnificent view of the mountain landscape but especially the legendary Golden Rock.
Around 3 PM: Lunch
After spending around 1 ½ to 2 hours at the Golden Rock, you have lunch at a restaurant on top of the mountain.
Around 5 PM: Return to Yangon
In the afternoon, we head back to Yangon. There will be another stop 39 miles (Phayar Gyi Junction) for refreshments.
Around 8 PM: Arrival Yangon
Upon arrival in Yangon, you get dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels in Yangon (Hotels in downtown area)
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For pick up service, please provide your hotel details.
- Please note, that during raining season, the platform around the Pagoda can be slippery.
- Golden Rock will be undergoing renovation from January 2019 to presumably March 2019. During this period, the pagoda will be covered with bamboo scaffolding to apply gold leaf as a part of the restoration work.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.