Golden Temple & Wagah Border in Amritsar with Punjabi Lunch
Amritsar is a captivating mix of culture and busy streets and is often referred to as Punjab’s major commercial and cultural center. Visit the Golden Temple and the Jalliawala Bagh and devour the local flavors of Punjab with Amritsari Kulcha (Hot potato bread) and Sweet Lassi (sweetened yogurt) for lunch. Learn all about the heroic legends of Sikhism and its significance in the freedom movement of India. Proceed to witness the highly choreographed flag down ceremony, performed at the Indo-Pak border.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Amritsar
- Professional guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Golden Temple
- Entry/Admission - Wagah Border
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Temple Road Atta Mandi, Katra Ahluwalia, Amritsar 143001 India
“Pool of Nectar” founded in 1579 by Guru Ram Das, the fourth Guru of the Sikh religion who settled down besides a pool bequeathed with miraculous healing powers. His son, Guru Arjun Dev, built the temple within the pool. Later Maharaja Ranjit Singh encrusted it with pure gold leaf.
Tour stars with pick up at 0900 hrs from City hotel to visit the Golden Temple, the glory of Amritsar. Its bronze plates, heavily covered with pure gold leaf, burn and flash in the sun and reflect in the still waters of the pool surrounding the temple. Visit the JallianwalaBagh - now a national monument. In 1919, during the British Raj, Gen. Dyer opened fire on innocent pilgrims causing a massacre. After the visit of JallianwalaBagh, a delicious Punjabi Lunch will be serve.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Attari-Wagah Border Attari, Amritsar 143001 India
One of the many nearby places to visit from Amritsar is the Wagah Border. Located on the Indo-Pakistan border, Wagah is 28 kilometres from the Amritsar main town. A good number of visitors come to this place to see the change of guards ceremony and the flag hoisting and lowering activities which are done with great skill and precision by the border security forces of both the countries. A site you cannot afford to miss. This is a ceremony for which there is no entry free.
There is no entrance- fees for Wagah Border Ceremony. Please do carry your original passport to enter the venue. Also there are no VIP pass for this ceremony, you just have to reach the venue little early to get the seat.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels, Bus Station, Railway Station in Amritsar.Airports
- Raja Sansi Airport, Amritsar India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.