Goldsborough Valley Tour: Stand up Paddle through sacred lands
Explore the beautiful river by paddle board, the crystal clear waters are breathe taking filled with history, spectacular views and the opportunity to see a part of Cairns that is a true hidden gem of Cairns
I bring mask and snorkels too so you can check out the the crystal clear waters in this Tropical World Heritage listed rain forest. See jungle perch, eels and saw-shelled turtles as well as prolific bird life and the occasional wild horse.
Goldsborough is the land of the Dulabed Malanbarra Yidinji Aboriginal people. In the 1870’s it became the site of a gold rush that saw a significant European community settlement, including 17 hotels and public houses. When the gold ran out in the mid 1900’s, only a few miners remained in the area making their life as farmers. Goldsborough Valley is now part of the Wooroonooran National Park and is home to abundant bird and fish life
Pick up from Cairns from your accomodation can be organised, all equipment included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National park fees
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- kids under 8 are free and ride your board kids over 8 yrs can have their own board
What's excluded :
We hit the water around 9 am we get all our equipment in order, followed by briefing of equipment, paddles and safety of the location. Once on the water we do skill set and rescues for about 20 min or until Allie feels your comfortable to move on. After the skill set we head up stream for a paddle for about 40 min we walk our board through some light rapids then continue our sup experience to our swimming hole where we chill for about 1hr snorkel and eat some local fruits.
time for great photos or just chill under the trees or practice some board games and techniques.
We then paddle back to the car, Along the way we see plenty of turtles, fish and the odd Cassowary if we are lucky. Pick fresh mango fro the creek bed when in season and well just take in the beautiful views
Then back home the tour goes for about 3 hours but hey sometimes we are just having too much fun and stay a little longer
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your accommodation is no problem, send a message and ill be picking you up around 8amAirports
- Cairns Airport, Airport Ave, Aeroglen, Queensland 4870 Australia
- Cairns Central Shopping Centre, 1/21 McLeod St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- kids under 7 are free and ride your board for free, however you will need to bring your own car seat if pick up required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paddle boarding allows customers to stay 1.5 mtrs apart as the river is so big, the boards and all equipment is cleaned and dried in the sun. The van used for picking up guests is cleaned and hand santiser provided in the van. The van is cleaned at the end of each trip before the next day.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.