Golf, Whisky and Palaces (A "VERY" Scottish Experience)
This tour starts with a visit into the tranquil little village of Falkland which as well as having a beautiful palace with its foundations dating back to the 10 hundreds, was one of the filming locations for the hit TV series "Outlander". When we visit the village with its quaint little houses and beautiful streets you will see why it made the perfect location for this time period drama.
St Andrews is a fascinating little town with an amazing history. It is the home of the worlds first golf course and also has the 3rd oldest university in the English Speaking world dating back to the 14 hundreds. On this tour you will get the chance to explore this magnificent little town and find out some of golfs little secrets as we walk down by the first tee and visit the famous swilcan bridge for a photo opportunity.
From St Andrews we will visit Kingsbarns distillery and discover the secrets of Scotland's national drink. All in all a Very Scottish Tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Each passenger will be provided an audio receiver for clear guide communication
- Each passenger will be provided with a route map and schedule for the days activities.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Snacks - There will be provision of a sweet Scottish themed snack treat.
- Soda/Pop - Free cans of Scotland's other national drink Irn Bru will be provided during the snack break.
What's excluded :
- Optional entrance fees into castles etc
- Lunch - Although snacks will be provided lunch in not included unless guest select a hamper option from our catering partners.
- Entry/Admission - Falkland Palace & Garden
- Entry/Admission - Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Falkland Palace & Garden, 11 miles north of Kirkcaldy, Falkland KY15 7BY Scotland
This historic palace dates back to the 10 Hundreds when it was a mere coach house that has been built and rebuilt several times. It sits in the tranquil little village of Falkland in Fife and was one of the filming locations for the very popular TV show "Outlander". You will have time to explore the palace and the local area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St Andrews Links, Pilmour House, St. Andrews KY16 9SF Scotland
St Andrews is a picturesque ancient town dating back to around 300 AD. As well as being the home of golf and the famous old course it also has an ancient cathedral and the third oldest university in the English speaking world. We will have time to visit the golf course and it's famous Swilcan bridge on the 17th Hole before heading in to the town for some free time and lunch.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre, East Newhall Farm, Kingsbarns, St. Andrews KY16 8QE Scotland
There is an option on this trip to visit and tour Kingbarns Whisky and Gin distillery. This idyllic little distillery sits on the Fife coast looking out to the North Sea and is an ideal location to do a whisky distillery tour. If the tour is not required guests can have more time in St Andrews or we can move on and explore the little fishing villages that sit all along the Fife Coast on our route back to our starting point.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from any single point within the Central Scotland area including Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling. We can drop off at a different location if required.Airports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Glasgow Intl Airport, Paisley PA3 2SW Scotland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.