Gondar full day city tour
This is a full day city tour in Gondar. Gondar is located in the Amhara regional state, northern Ethiopia. Gondar is situated at 12.60 latitude and 37.47 longitude at an elevation of 2201 meters above sea level. Gondar is also known as the “Camelot” of Africa, nestled in the foothills of the breathtaking Semien Mountains National Park. Gondar was the 17th and 18th century capital city of Ethiopia, which was founded by Emperors Fasiladas (1632 – 1667). It was home to a number of emperors & warlords, curtsies and kings who built several castles and palaces in the area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Central Gondar
- Entry/Admission - Fasil Ghebbi
- Entry/Admission - Debre Berhan Selassie Church
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
Morning at 8:30/9:00 pick up from airport or hotel and start visiting the main attractions of the city. In the morning, visit the oldest and the most impressive Gonderine structure, the magnificent castle compound including the two storied palace of emperor Fasiladas and the emperor bath where Orthodox Christian celebrate Ethiopian Epiphany on the 19th of January.
In the afternoon visit the fantastically decorated Debre Brehan Silassie Church (light of Trinity), if time permits, also visit the ruined palace of Queen Mintiwab at Qusquam, were the Scottish explorer James Bruce used to reside for sometimes. Then transfer to your
On this tour you can purchase souvenir and handcrafts.
Items included in the price:
• Transport by private vehicle
• Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
• Entrance fees
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Fasil Ghebbi, Gonder Ethiopia
Visit the 17th century royal castles.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Debre Berhan Selassie Church, Gondar, Ethiopia, Gonder Ethiopia
Visit historical church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Gondar, Ethiopia
2: Central Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
3: Ethiopian Airlines, JF69+9X, Gondar, Ethiopia
Traveler pickup is offered
Gondar airport,Any hotels in Gondar orAny place within Gondar town.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.