Granada and San Francisco Convent Tour from Managua
No visit to Granada is complete without a tour of the city’s beautiful historic center and what better way to do that than on a traditional horse-drawn carriage. Founded by the Spanish in 1524, Granada is considered one of the oldest colonial cities in the Western hemisphere.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de La Merced
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral San Francisco
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- On this private guided walking and carriage tour, you will explore the San Francisco Church and neighboring San Francisco Convent built in 1529.
Now functioning as a museum, the Convent is home to an impressive collection of pre-Columbian art.
Continue on to the beautiful Merced Church where you will have the opportunity to climb to the top of the bell tower and take in a spectacular view of the city, Lake Nicaragua, and Mombacho Volcano. Next, head over to La Polvora Fortress to learn the history of the old fortress and walk through its immaculate courtyard.
Finish your tour in the oldest part of the city where you will visit the Xalteva Church and the old city walls.
Throughout the excursion your guide will provide you with an informative and unique perspective of this beloved colonial city.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Managua
Departure Time :8am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.