Grand Canyon South Rim Day Trip from Las Vegas with Optional Helicopter Tour
Explore the wildest and deepest part of the Grand Canyon on this day trip from Las Vegas. Travel through the Mojave Desert, across the Colorado River and along famous Route 66 until you reach the canyon, where you’ll take a narrated coach tour and experience the South Rim’s highlights. See towering rock formations, stop for scenic walks along the rim, and enjoy a picnic lunch while admiring the views. Your knowledgeable guide will ensure a comfortable, informative and enlightening experience. Upgrade to include a exhilarating helicopter tour to catch even more stunning views!
12 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Snack and bottle water
- Boxed deli-style lunch
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
- Entry/Admission - Mather Point
- Entry/Admission - Bright Angel Trail
- Entry/Admission - Yavapai Point
What's excluded :
- 45- minute helicopter flight (unless option selected)
- Entry/Admission - South Kaibab Trail
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Route 66
You’ll be picked up from your Las Vegas Strip hotel in the morning and taken on a comfortable 5-hour drive to Grand Canyon National Park. Travel through the Mojave Desert, across the Colorado River and along famous Route 66, making rest stops along the way. Your vehicle comes equipped with comfortable seats, large viewing windows and a DVD entertainment system. Enjoy a morning snack of muffins and juice, as well as assorted snacks and bottled water throughout your journey.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
When you arrive, you’ll take a narrated coach tour of the canyon’s highlights. Marvel at the deepest and widest part of the canyon from three different viewpoints with your guide. Enjoy amazing views of towering rock formations, river rapids and side canyons that can't be seen from the canyon rim. You’ll spend three hours in the park, with time to stop and enjoy photo opportunities, take scenic walks along the rim, shop at the local stores, visit cultural exhibits and have a picnic lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mather Point, 2 1/2 Miles North Of Park Entrance, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Make a stop at Mather Point along the rim of the Grand Canyon for amazing views!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bright Angel Trail, Begins near the main Visitor Center complex, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Walk along Bright Angel Trail to admire the incredible views of this natural wonder.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Enjoy the views of the Grand Canyon from Yavapai Point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: South Kaibab Trail, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Upgrade to include a thrilling 45-minute helicopter flight! Admire breathtaking views of the canyon through wraparound windows as you fly over massive Kaibab National Forest, home to some of the world’s largest ponderosa pines. Soar north through the Dragon Corridor, the canyon's widest and deepest section, and over the Colorado River to the North Rim. You’ll also view the Painted Desert, Desert View Watch Tower and Marble Canyon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: 86036, Marble Canyon, AZ
See Marble Canyon on your optional helicopter tour.
Pass By: Painted Desert, 1 Park Rd, Petrified Forest National Park, AZ 86028-9997
See spectacular views of the Painted Desert if you upgrade to the helicopter tour
Pass By: Grand Canyon Desert View Watchtower, Desert View Dr. Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
If you select the helicopter upgrade option, then you will see the Watchtower, a 70-foot (21m) high stone building on the edge of the Grand Canyon
Pass By: The Las Vegas Strip, S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
Arrive back at your Las Vegas hotel in the evening.
Departure Point :1: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
2: Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Private Mini Coach Tour Only 11/30/2020 - 1/4/2022
Small Group Tour Only 4/16/2020 - 1/4/2022
Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 06:30 AM
Private SUV Tour Only 11/30/2020 - 1/4/2022
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM
Small Group Tour w/ Helicopter 4/16/2020 - 1/4/2022
Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 06:30 AM Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If booking tour with helicopter, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 275lbs (125 kg / 19.5 stone) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- If you do not select the helicopter upgrade, please place 'N/A' in the Passenger Weights field at checkout.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.