Grand Danube canoe descent from Vienna and discovery of Bratislava
Descend the Grand Danube river from Hainburg near Vienna to Bratislava.
Supervised by our professional instructors, you will admire the Devin castle perched on the top of a hill and pass through the infamous iron curtain where those who tried to flee communism were killed.
You will discover the fauna and flora of the Danube, feel the adrenaline while passing near cruise ships and even cross a border on the river!
After entering the city of Bratislava like a conquistador, you will discover its main monuments from another perspective: Bratislava castle, St Martin’s cathedral, the UFO tower, the Eurovea project etc… We’ll pass under 4 of the 5 massive bridges in Bratislava.
Once in Bratislava, you will have the time you need to discover the city by yourself before returning to Vienna (if needed).
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Car/minibus transport from Vienna center
- 2-hour Grand Danube descent with professional instructors
- Taxi from Bratislava's port to Bratislava city center
- Guide services in Bratislava (if option selected)
- Bus tickets from Bratislava city center back to Vienna
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Hainburg Castle, Am Schlossberg, Hainburg an der Donau Austria
You will be transported by minibus from Bratislava to the medieval town Hainburg an der Donau in Austria.
There you will be briefed and get instructed on how to use your canoe.
This is the starting point of our beautiful descent.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Devin Castle, Muranska 10, Bratislava 841 10 Slovakia
Enjoy the views of the beautiful nature around you. You will stop on a beach under the ruins of the Devin castle. This is also the place of the infamous iron curtain where those who tried to flee communism were slaughtered. You will also discover the fauna and flora of the Danube, the Morava river confluence, feel the adrenaline while passing near cruise ships and even cross a border on the river!
You will arrive in Bratislava with your craft and will be transported to the city center by taxi.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bratislava Old Town, Bratislava Slovakia
Visit the city of Bratislava on foot by yourself or with one of our professional guides. Stroll the picturesque pedestrian streets of the old town, check out the amazing view from the Bratislava castle hill, visit the important monuments like the Saint-Martin cathedral or the city-hall and sit down at one of the many café terrasses in order to breathe in the medieval atmosphere of Bratislava.
Once you have visited the city, a bus will take you back to Vienna.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Operncafe, Operngasse 4, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Wien Hauptbahnhof, Favoritenstraße 51, 1100 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The activity is secure as the canoes are tied up in a way that prevent falls in the water.
- Does not require any particular skill.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The staff will prepare waterproof clothes in case of bad weather.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.