Grand Teton and National Elk Refuge Winter Day Trip
Embrace winter in the Rocky Mountains on a guided tour of Grand Teton National Park and the National Elk Refuge. Guests will spend the morning touring Grand Teton National Park with an expert naturalist guide in a heated vehicle on the lookout for moose, wolves, bison, bighorn sheep, eagles, and coyotes. After a restaurant lunch in Jackson, Wyoming, adventurers will enjoy a tour of the National Elk Refuge on a horse-drawn sleigh. The National Elk Refuge is a wonderful way to enjoy an up close and personal view of elk herds in their winter habitat.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Naturalist guide
- National Elk Refuge admittance
- Use of binoculars
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Restaurant lunch
- Entry/Admission - BrushBuck Wildlife Tours
- Entry/Admission - National Elk Refuge
What's excluded :
- Guide Gratuities (recommended at 10-15% of the tour cost)
- National Park Entrance fees ($15 USD per person)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Teton
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: BrushBuck Wildlife Tours, Jackson, WY 83001-8506
After early morning pickup from your Jackson Hole hotel, your naturalist guide takes you into Grand Teton National Park. Even in the quiet of a snowy winter, wildlife can be spotted in the park and your guide knows where to look for animals. On any given day, you could see moose, bison, bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, bald eagles, golden eagles, pronghorn, coyotes, or even wolves as you explore the park.
At midday, come in from the cold to enjoy lunch in the famous western cowboy town of Jackson, Wyoming.
After lunch, head back outside for a horse-drawn sleigh ride at the National Elk Refuge. Snap social media–worthy pics of the large herds as your guide explains how the elk migrate from the surrounding area to the refuge, a 24,700-acre (9,996-hectare) winter sanctuary to 47 different mammals and nearly 175 species of birds such as trumpeter swans and bald eagles.
At the end of a memorable 8-hour tour of this winter wonderland, your guide returns you to your hotel where your tour ends.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: National Elk Refuge, Jackson, WY 83001
National Elk Refuge, Jackson, WY 83001
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Grand Teton National Park, WY 83414
Grand Teton National Park, WY
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where you are staying in the Jackson Hole, Wyoming area including Teton Village, Jackson, and Wilson, Wyoming. We will offer front door pickup for MOST locations in the Jackson Hole, Wyoming area.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to wear: Snow boots/sturdy hiking boots, a winter coat, long/warm pants, gloves, scarf, and gloves
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.