Gravity Falls Waterfall Jumping Canyoning from La Fortuna
Looking for an exciting twist on rappelling down waterfalls? Then sign up for this waterfall-jumping and canyoning adventure from La Fortuna, one of Costa Rica’s most extreme tours. Expert guides take you to a secret canyon location deep in the jungle, where you'll rappel down and leap off a series of waterfalls and cliffs, jumping into the exhilarating, fresh water below. Do some river tracing and bouldering, hike along an amazing rainforest canyon, and take a dip in crystalline, blue pools. This small-group, multi-activity tour limited to 10 thrill seekers is not for the faint of heart, and yes, you will get your hair wet.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Tropical fruit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
Begin your extreme jungle tour on top of a deep canyon cliff and take an adrenaline-pumping rappel down an 80-foot waterfall. Listen to the crashing water and watch your guide’s hand signals for instructions as you descend. Once you get the hang of it, bounce off the rock wall on your way down. When you’re near the bottom, let go! Splash into a deep pool of transparent water and swim to shore. Follow your guides as you descend the canyon and jump into a series of pools of crystal clear blue water below.
You’ll conquer four waterfall jumps, ranging from 10 to 30 feet, calling for different types of leaps and landings, with more pools of water waiting for you.
Soaked but exhilarated, swim to the rocky shore after your final waterfall jump and then enjoy a tropical fruit fiesta. We then head to our headquarters at the El Salto waterfall, you'll tear into a hearty lunch featuring sumptuous local fare and afterward, doze off during the ride back to your hotel.
• Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Rio Fortuna - El Salto, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
• Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
• El Salto - Río Fortuna, Río, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
• Hunters & Gatherers Costa Rica, 702, Alajuela Province, San Carlos La Fortuna Alajuela CR 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Departure Point :Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Río Fortuna - El Salto, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21010, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 16 years
- It is recommended that you wear sturdy shoes (tennis shoes or shoes with straps) and comfortable clothes
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Please bring a change of clothes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.