Great Barrier Reef Day Cruise from Cairns Including Snorkeling and Marine Biologist Presentation
On this 8-hour tour from Cairns, cruise out to an activity platform on the outer Great Barrier Reef for a day of exploring this natural wonder in different ways.
Marine World's location is selected for its water clarity, coral quality, and diversity of marine life, which you can see while snorkeling or taking a tour by glass-bottom boat or semi-submersible vessel.
Learn about the wildlife from on-board marine biologists, and choose to participate in more activities, if you wish, like scuba diving or a helicopter ride (additional expense). All ages and swimming abilities are welcome. Buffet lunch is included as well as morning and afternoon tea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Marine biologist presentation
- Snorkeling equipment including mask & snorkel, fins and wetsuit/lycra suit rental.
- Glass bottom boat tour & underwater reef viewing observatory
- Morning and afternoon tea with tea, coffee, and filtered water throughout the day
- Hot/cold buffet lunch
- All taxes and fees
What's excluded :
- Transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches are at an additional cost.
- Optional activities: introductory scuba diving, helmet diving, certified scuba diving, guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist, SEABOB jet-powered snorkeling experience, and scenic reef helicopter flight
- Prescription snorkel and dive masks are available for rental on board
Depart Cairns on a fast catamaran, which provides a smooth 1.5-hour ride a shorter travel time than other boats, leaving you more of the day to enjoy on the outer Great Barrier Reef.
When you arrive at Marine World, begin your exploration of the UNESCO-listed reef, a complex and diverse ecosystem home to more than 1,500 species of fish, 400 types of coral, 200 types of birds, and 20 types of reptiles. Snorkel in the sheltered coral lagoon, go scuba diving with a certified dive (up to three dive sites) or introductory session (no experience necessary), or join the on-board marine biologist for a guided snorkeling safari (diving and guided snorkeling at your own expense). You can also enjoy a session with the marine biologist, who points out resident fish like "Wally," the Maori wrasse. You can even stay dry and view the marine life from the semi-submersible reef viewer, glass-bottom boat, or underwater observatory. Optional activities (own expense) include a helmet dive for a scuba-style experience up to 3 meters deep, or a scenic helicopter flight for an aerial adventure over the reef. Or, simply relax and enjoy the tropical weather on the sundeck.
• Reef Magic Cruises, Cairns, Queensland Australia
• Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Departure Point :1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring a swimsuit, hat, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, and cash or credit card for any on-board purchases
- All diving is subject to the completion of an on-board medical questionnaire. Certain medical conditions (such as asthma, epilepsy, and high blood pressure) and medications may exclude individuals from diving. Minimum age to dive is 12 years with parent/guardian permission required for those under 18 years. Certified divers must produce their certification cards. After diving, intervals of 12-24 hours are recommended prior to flying in any type of aircraft dependent on depth of dives and total accrued dive time
- Helicopter flights: Route flown and type of aircraft used are subject to weather, air traffic control, aircraft availability and, ultimately, the pilot's discretion. Maximum of 1 infant allowed per flight. Maximum combined passenger weight limits apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Prior to travelling with us, you will be required to provide, your full name, a current phone number and residential address (address of accommodation if travelling) in order to complete your activity. We are following all guidelines set out by the Queensland Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.