Great Island Shore Excursion Cork (Cobh) - Small Group - Max. 18
Enjoy extraordinary panoramic views on board our unique open top mini bus which has a retractable glass roof for when the weather is not favorable.
Go where the big buses can't go and experience the best Cobh has to offer.
Discover the extraordinary island town of Cobh brought to life by your experienced local driver guide.
Our Tour Includes:
- Amazing Commentary and Stunning Scenery
- Luxury Air Conditioned Mini Coach (Small Groups)
- A Visit To The Magnificent Cobh Cathedral
- A Visit to Cobh Fort/Titanic Memorial Gardens
- A Visit to Lusitania Mass Graves and The Old Church Cemetery
Our bus tour departs right from your ship in Cobh and returns back here again at the end of the tour.
We are based in Cobh right by the port and have over 50 years experience.
Our driver/guides are all locals and have lots of interesting facts, fascinating history, fun stories, songs and jokes.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Visit To The Magnificent Cobh Cathedral
- Visit Cobh Fort/Titanic Memorial Garden
- Visit The Lusitania Mass Graves At The Old Church Cemetery
- Pick up from your ship and return to same
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small Groups Max 18
- Expert And Entertaining Guides
- Entry/Admission - Titanic Memorial Garden
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cobh Cathedral, Cathedral Terrace, Cobh None Ireland
Our first stop and visit is the Magnificent Cobh Cathedral which sits in a commanding position overlooking the harbour town of Cobh. Your guide will give you a fascinating insight into this architectural gem with free time to enjoy the Cathedral.
From this lofty view point your guide will also enthral you with the fascinating history of Spike Island and "The Pier of Tears".
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Titanic Memorial Garden, The Mall, Cobh Ireland
Our second visit is at the ruins of Cove Fort which was built as a coastal defence fortification in 1743 and is now home to the tranquil Titanic Memorial Garden.
Here you will learn all about the 4 defensive forts protecting Cork Harbour while discovering Cobh's amazing connection with RMS Titanic and the 123 passengers who boarded at Cobh on this ill fated ship on her maiden voyage at her very last port of call ever.
Check out the Glass Memorial Wall for the names of the 123 passengers who boarded this doomed vessel from "The Pier of Tears" and find out who survived.
From here you will have a line-of-sight to all 4 Forts in the harbour while gazing solemnly to the very last anchorage point of the ill fated Titanic.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Old Church Cemetery, Off Tay Rd, Near Lidl, Cobh Ireland
Our final visit is The Old Church Cemetery which is resting place for the tragic victims of the sinking of Lusitania.
Torpedoed by a German U-Boat, she sank in just 18 minutes, killing 1,198 passengers and crew. The majority of victims and survivors alike ended up in Cobh of which 169 were buried in 3 mass graves here at The Old Church cemetery.
The sinking contributed to the American entry into World War I.
Wandering around this ancient burial site is an amazing and enriching experience not to be missed.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Cobh Sightseeing Tour, Westbourne Pl Westbourne Pl, Kilgarvan, Cobh, Co. Cork, P24 V628, Ireland
Traveler pickup is offered
Choice of 4 departure times - When you get off your ship in Cobh, turn to right and walk 1 minute to gates where you will meet our "Butlers Shore Tours" TeamPorts
- Cork (Cobh)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Live commentary by expert local guides
- Front seats can be reserved if you have mobility issues (let us know after you book)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.