Great Ocean Road Small Group Tour
Enjoy the sights of one of the worlds most scenic drives in the comfort and convenience of this genuine small group tour with a maximum of only 11 guests on board. Our smaller bus can also get to a few spots the bigger busses can't. Meet at our convenient central Melbourne pick up point before you head to the Great Ocean Road. Please, help yourself to our complimentary hand sanitiser. The day starts with a morning tea of freshly brewed coffee, tea, hot chocolate, biscuits and cake by the beach then our experienced guides will tell the tales that bring this amazing stretch of coast alive. Stops include Teddys Lookout, Memorial Arch, Apollo Bay, guided rain forest walk, 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and Gibson Steps. Keep your eyes open for Kangaroos and Koalas too! We finish with a hearty dinner at a traditional Aussie pub before you are dropped back at your accommodation in Melbourne.
per adult from
What's included :
- Convenient central pick up location
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Aussie Pub Dinner Included
- Morning tea with freshly brewed coffee, tea, hot chocolate cake and buscuits
- Small-group tour, maximum of 11 guests
- National Park fees included
- Return transfers to your Melbourne accommodation
- Locally owned and operated
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary hand sanitiser provided.
- Entry/Admission - Port Campbell National Park
- Entry/Admission - Great Otway National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch at own expense. Many options to choose from in Apollo Bay
- Firstly, we depart Melbourne a bit later than most of the other tours that head down the Great Ocean Road from our convenient central pick up location. After all who really wants to be part of a coach convoy, or spend hours driving around the city picking up other passengers? Our aim is to be well behind all the crowds in the big busses. This also gives you time for a leisurely breakfast in Melbourne and to get to our central pick up point.
The action starts in the beautiful coastal town of Anglesea, which is also the beginning of The Great Ocean Road, just over an hour’s drive south west of Melbourne.
Here we stop for morning tea by the beach. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and cake all included.
Now it’s time to travel one of the most scenic and famous roads in the world. You will stop at the memorial arch as well as many other scenic photo opportunities along the way.
Visit Lorne and stop at Teddys lookout for stunning views of the coast line (one of those stops that only a small bus can access).
Your guide is also an expert at spotting local wildlife and along the way will find wild Koalas and always be on the lookout for wild Kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas and some of our colourful parrots and birds.
You will stop in Apollo Bay for lunch where you get time to explore one of the Australia’s most beautiful coastal towns.
Lunch is up to you, dine in or take away from one of many fine cafes, restaurants, fish and chip shops or famous Apollo Bay bakery with its award winning scallop pies.
Or if you prefer, bring your own lunch for a picnic on the beach.
In the summer months you can even bring bathers and a towel for a dip in the Southern ocean.
Next your guide will take you for a Rainforest walk amongst some of the oldest and tallest ecosystems on earth – the Great Otway National Park cool climate rainforest.
Finally we reach the spectacular Port Campbell National Park, home of the the world famous and breathtaking 12 Apostles.
You will also have time to explore Loch Ard Gorge, where ocean water tumbles through sheer limestone cliffs and go for a walk on the beach at Gibson steps.
During the winter months, witness the sunset over the Southern Ocean.
We then head for home inland via the western district farming town of Colac where we sit down to dinner at a traditional Aussie country pub (included) before you are dropped back at your accommodation in Melbourne.
Departure Point :Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be aged 4 to 14 to receive child fare. At time of booking, please type children's ages into comments box
- Due to local seating legalities, Infants (0 to 3yo) can not be accepted on tour
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.