Great Zimbabwe & Culture Village 2-Day Tour
Experience true Zimbabwe. Begin with a visit to the past of this extraordinary nation with a guided tour of the Great Zimbabwe Monument, then experience the culture and living traditions that have remained intact through the centuries by interacting with the local Karanga people in their village and staying with them overnight. All culminating to an unforgettable, unique experience!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Great Zimbabwe National Monument
What's excluded :
- Toiletries and other items of a personal nature
Day 1: Harare - Masvingo
Stop At: Chivhu, Chivhu, Mashonaland East Province
This is the major town along the Harare-Masvingo highway and is located 146km out of Harare. Formerly called Enkeldoorn, meaning "lone thorn" in Afrikaaner, the town was founded around 1850 by Afrikaans-speaking Boer settler farmers and was the first white settlement in Zimbabwe. The town was renamed "Chivhu" meaning 'anthill' in 1982, the second year of independent Zimbabwe.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mvuma, Zimbabwe
This small mining town is the next stop-over after Chivhu along the Harare - Masvingo route. Previously called "Umvuma" during colonial Rhodesia, the town is identified by a huge mine chimney that was built in 1913, and is still visible from the main road.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Great Zimbabwe National Monument, Masvingo Zimbabwe
Spend 3 hours exploring the largest stone structure in Africa outside of Egypt with an experienced guide. Great Zimbabwe National Monument was built between 1100 and 1450 AD, extends over almost 800ha and is divided into three groups: the Hill Ruins, the Great Enclosure, and the Valley Ruins. Today, Great Zimbabwe is a cultural World Heritage Site and its massive curving walls, constructed from millions of granite blocks fitted together without mortar, remain the most fascinating man-made structure in Southern Africa.
Immediately afterward, spend 2 hours exploring a traditional Karanga Village, interacting with the villagers as they go about their daily lives before helping with the preparation of your traditional lunch.
Duration: 5 hours
• Breakfast: Local snacks including local fruit in season and bottled water will be provided along the way to Masvingo.
• Lunch: Traditional Shona meal with traditional drink
• Dinner: Traditional Shona meal with traditional drink
Accommodation included: Overnight in a traditional Karanga Village in a round hut
Day 2: Masvingo - Harare
Pass By: Masvingo, Masvingo, Masvingo Province
Pass through Masvingo City on the return journey to Harare
Stop At: Harare, Harare, Harare Province
Return back to the capital city of Harare from Masvingo, a journey of 3 - 4 hours. You will be dropped off at your hotel at the end of the journey
Duration: 4 hours
• Breakfast: Traditional breakfast of tea/coffee served with boiled egg and homemade bread
• Lunch: Light snacks and bottled water
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.