Green Grotto Caves Excursion from Ocho Rios
The Green Grotto Caves, known at various times as the Runaway Bay Caves, are among Jamaica's most prominent natural attractions. Having seen visitors since the 18th century, the Green Grotto Caves have earned international acclaim.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Green Grotto Caves
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Green Grotto Caves, Runaway Bay Jamaica
Here guest will discover cave paintings, tools and fragments of pottery that indicates the original inhabitants of the caves were the Taino Indians who would have used the caves for shelter.
The next known inhabitants were the Spanish who, at the time of the British invasion of Jamaica (in 1655), hid in the caves to avoid capture. There is an underground tunnel which links the caves to the sand at Runaway Bay. It is believed that the Spanish used the tunnel in their attempt to escape the Island and flee to Cuba. Runaway slaves have also used the caves to hide from their former masters. During World War 2, Rum barrels were stored here for safekeeping by the Jamaican Government.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Ocho Rios Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.