Green Grotto Caves Tour From Ocho Rios
A journey into the underworld charm, a green cave of mystery and adventure, a slice of Jamaica’s history, a part of your vacation with a difference…such are the accolades that can be ascribed to the largely unexplored labyrinth of mystical underground caverns called Green Grotto Caves which is surrounded by thick vegetation and supplied with pristine waters flowing from its secret depths.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee is not included
- This tour includes pick up and drop off from your hotel or cruise port. Duration is about 4 hours and you will be guaranteed drop-off in a timely manner at your hotel or port. Situated on 25.9 hectares of the island’s beautiful North Coast, the Caves are located between the resort centres of Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, you will enjoy driving along the north coast of Jamaica. This tour is a fully narrated tour with a knowledgeable tour guide and driver and the vehicle is fully air conditioned. Complimentary water is provided.
Upon your arrival at the Green Grotto Caves, an ENTRANCE FEE of US$20 for Adults and US$10 for Kids is required. You will be introduced to your Tour Guide who will then take you on your tour. There is so much to see and learn while on this tour.
Green Grotto Caves are said to have provided shelter for Jamaica’s first inhabitants, the Tainos, a haven for ‘runaway slaves’ in the 18th Century and were sought after as a hideout by the Spanish during the takeover of the island by the English in 1655. Between the two World Wars, the caves were used by smugglers running arms to Cuba and in more recent times, sections of the Caves were used as a rum storehouse.
A tour of the Green Grotto Caves will take you on an out of this world journey into the very heart of Jamaica’s “innerworld”. In just under an hour, your guide will take you through a maze of sturdy, majestic stalactites and stalagmites, and other exquisite dripstone formations. Continue through the interconnected passageways and chambers, some 37 metres down to the cave’s innermost cavern, where you will come upon the grotto – with water as translucent as nothing you have seen before.
On your outward journey of this enchanting tour, stop at the “Wishing Well” and throw a coin – for luck, for love or all your heart desires …..
At the end of the tour you will enjoy shopping and lunch (COST OF MEAL IS NOT INCLUDED) before returning to your drop off location.
Departure Point :
We pick up customer from hotels, villas, Air BNB, private vacation rentals and accommodation in Ocho Rios and within our 10 km radius .
PortsOcho Rios cruise terminal, Turtle Beach Rd, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
OtherOcho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to covid 19 everyone is required to ware face masks, however if customer doesn't have. One will be provided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.