Gremi / Nekresi / Ilia's Lake / Khareba Winery Tour
You will see Historical Monuments with the most beautiful landscape view,enjoy and relax with beautiful Ilia's lake in Kvareli,introduce old wine making system and taste Georgian wine and have tasty Luch in a "Khareba" Restourant,which has amazing view and various type of sitting areas. The most wonderful hours you can spend in Kakheti.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Gremi Citadel and Church of the Archangels
- Entry/Admission - Nekresi Monastery Complex
- Entry/Admission - Kvareli Lake Resort • სასტუმრო ყვარლის ტბა
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel Winery Khareba's
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gremi Citadel and Church of the Archangels, Gremi village, Gremi 383330 Georgia
In the morning, drive from Telavi, Kakheti region - east from Tbilisi, the largest wine producing region in Georgia. The first destination is Gremi Fortress (XVI c) that was the main city of Kakheti region until XVI C. Enjoy the picturesque location of the fortress with tall bell tower and high walls.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nekresi Monastery Complex, Nekresi Monastery Road, Kvareli 0101 Georgia
At 11:30,we move to Nekresi,an ancient monastic complex located on the top of a mountain in the Alazani Valley in Kakheti. Many centuries ago there was once the eponymous city of Nekresi, the ruins of which can be seen from the height of the monastery.The monastery complex of Nekresi unites several monuments of Georgian architecture, among which there are three churches. The small basilica of the second half of IV century is one of the first churches in Georgia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kvareli Lake Resort • სასტუმრო ყვარლის ტბა, 4800 Kvareli Lake Rd, Kvareli 4800, Georgia
After the historical monuments we move to Ilia's lake,which is called so in honor of famous Georgian writes of beginning of XX century – Ilia Chavchavadze. It is handmade lake in the north part of Kakheti, Alazani valley, near town Kvareli, where are Saperavi grape yards, for wine Kindzmarauli. Around the lake are located cafes, park, and is being built hotel. we will have some rest with the beautiful view.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tunnel Winery Khareba's, Meurneoba District Kakheti, Kvareli 383320 Georgia
Our last destination of the tour is Winery Khareba,which owns an unique and rare wine cellar located in Kvareli, in the Alazani Valley. Carved inside the Caucasus mountains and opened in 1962 for the OIV World Congress, the cellar/tunnel is 7,7 kilometers long. The best wines of the Kakheti region have been stored and aged here for decades. The tunnel preserves a natural temperature of 12-14° Celcius with a humidity rate of 70%; the ideal conditions for wine preservation.We'll also taste one glass wine and have Lunch in a Restourant.
Luch menu includes :
2.Khachapuri (Georgian traditional meal)
At 18:00 PM we return from our tour to Telavi.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.