Groote Eylandt Tour: Hanging Rock Cave Paintings
Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, features some of the well preserved and vivid rock art in the world.
This tour will take you to see ancient rock art at Hanging Rock on the northern tip of the island.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Lunch, including non-alcoholic beverages
- Light fishing tackle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Groote Eylandt, Groote Eylandt, Top End, Northern Territory
Groote Eylandt features some of the most well preserved and vivid rock art in the world. We will show you ancient art unlike any other in Australia. The Anindilyakwan People, the Traditional Owners of the Groote Archipelago, invite you to explore the pristine environment and share their ancient culture.
This tour will take you to see ancient rock art at Hanging Rock on the northern tip of the island. Artwork is located sporadically throughout the bush. Intricate and very well-preserved art suddenly “appears” on second look while exploring the area.
Access is via boat and a small walk from the beach. After visiting Hanging rock there is time to enjoy some leisurely fishing in the world class fishing grounds of the gulf.
This tour includes all transport, a local guide, light tackle, lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Groote Eylandt Lodge, Groote Eylandt, Gulf of Carpentaria, 1 Bougainvillea Dr, Alyangula NT 0885, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.