Group or Private Skip the Line La Sagrada Família Express Tour
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety:
- Group size has been reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
The quickest and easiest way to see Barcelona’s most iconic basilica, the Sagrada Família. This is an express tour with pre-reserved tickets and guaranteed entrance, so you’ll skip long lines to get straight inside with an expert guide to introduce you to the story of this incredible building.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert English- speaking guide
- Small groups of 10 people
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
What's excluded :
- Tower Access
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona Spain
Your short (but sweet!) tour starts right by La Sagrada Família, where you’ll see the basilica in all of its majesty. Hear from your guide what work remains to be finished, then skip lines to get straight inside. You’ll enter via the Nativity Facade, which is the only one that Gaudí finished in his lifetime.
During your tour your guide will help you to compare the different faces of the church, showing the different ways that Gaudí’s plans have been interpreted since his death -- and how plans changed during his life too. You’ll also learn about some of the controversies that have swirled around these interpretations.
Stepping inside the Basilica, you’ll fully appreciate the singular genius of Gaudí. As you move between columns designed like trees with capitals forming the canopy of the ceiling, your guide will explain how Gaudí developed his style from both religious, natural, and uniquely Catalonian influences. You’ll also learn about Gaudi’s innovative use of light as you bask in the glow of the rainbow-colored stained-glass windows that fill the sanctuary with an otherworldly atmosphere.
There’s no church in the world quite like the Sagrada Família and there was no architect quite like Gaudí. As you explore his crowning legacy, you’ll hear how this solitary genius came from a humble artisanal family and rose to the very heights of the Catalonian aristocracy through a combination of genius, know-how, friends in high places, and a nearly fanatical dedication to his religion. From his refusal to marry (or even have romantic relationships) to his death that nearly went unnoticed, you’ll learn all about the man whose vision created and continues to create this building.
After a brief look at some of the highlights of the museum, your guide will give you some additional information about what else you can see, including further museum exhibits and Gaudí’s crypt. Both are easily accessible from the basilica and require no extra entrance fees. The museum in particular showcases the process by which Gaudí designed buildings with an utterly unique system of chains and mirrors that actually anticipated computer-driven design.
Of all the ways to see the Sagrada Familia, this is the most affordable, easiest and most accessible; perfect for anyone who doesn’t have a huge amount of time in Barcelona but wants to do justice to its most impressive attraction.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia
As Barcelona’s most popular attraction, access to La Sagrada Família is in high demand -- and with very few tickets sold onsite, tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit. On this express tour with pre-reserved tickets and guaranteed entrance, you’ll skip long lines to get straight inside.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Avinguda de Gaudí, 2, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Sagrada Família, Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There will be a security bag check before entering the site.
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Cathedral visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Near public transportation
- For security reasons wheelchairs, baby strollers, persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women & children under 6 years old are not allowed to climb the towers.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: Group size has been reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: -Group size and/or tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.