Group Surf Lesson in Kona Hawaii
You never forget your first wave, as surfing enthusiasts in Hawaii are prone to say, so make sure your first wave is a good one with a small-group surf lesson on the Big Island. This 2-hour Kona surf lesson starts with the basics, like surfing safety, etiquette and how to paddle and pop up on the board. Then take to the water to practice your newfound skills on the waves of Kahalu'u Bay! A knowledgeable surfing instructor will be in the water with you, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up. It’s a Hawaiian experience everyone should try at least once!
per adult from
What's included :
- Surfboard, Rashguard, Reef shoes
What's excluded :
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen
Kahaluu Bay is the best beginner surfing spot in Kona, Hawaii. You will meet your instructor at our surf shop which is located directly across the street from where you will be surfing. Upon arrival you will be outfitted with a SPF rashguard and reef shoes. After a brief safety and land demonstration on how to properly paddle and stand up on your surfboard, you will practice your skills on the gentle rolling waves of Kahaluu Bay. Your instructor will guide you along the way helping you to catch waves and offer tips to improve your skills!
• Kahaluu Bay, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
Departure Point :78-6685 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.