Guatavita Sacred Indian Lake Private Tour 7 Hours All Inclusive, fees, lunch
This is one of the best tours that are scheduled from Bogotá: It has a lot of history, legends, indigenous traditions, hiking in the mountains, beautiful landscapes, very good food, in short, it is a great combination to enjoy! Destination: Lagoon of the Guatavita Indigenous Chief, where the first settlers of the region used to celebrate a ceremony in which they threw emeralds and gold figures at the bottom of the lagoon, as an offering to their gods. It is a magical place: practically on top of the mountain at 3000 meters high and exudes a powerful energy. It is a great experience.
There is a lot of history and a lot to see on this trip. Make sure you have all the time you need to make a pleasant trip that allows you to appreciate the details and know the stories. Remember that in order to arrive you need an average of 2 hours (depending on traffic) and at the same time to return. It is a great experience. Lunch included in a typical restaurant.
What's included :
- Ticket Park Lake of Guatavita
- Lunch in typical restaurant
- Water bottle
- Travel insurance
- Door-to-door exclusive transportation by private car
- Face-to-face Professional Tourism Guide English / Spanish
- Free: Colombian Music Album
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Laguna de Guatavita
- Entry/Admission - Corresponsal Bancario Bancolombia
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Other expenses not specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tomine, Unnamed Road, Sesquilé, Cundinamarca, Colombia
The initial route takes you to New Guatavita. It is necessary to ascend a mountain road up to 3100 meters (9300 feet) with a nice view over the north of Bogota, then descending to the valley of La Calera, in a very scenic route, which includes the passage through the San Rafael Dam. A second hill is climbed to enter the Suesca Valley and the Tominé Dam. At the end of this route, New Guatavita.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laguna de Guatavita, Km 15, Via Guatavita-Sesquile, Tierra Negra Colombia
The town of Guatavita was founded in 1593 by the Spanish conqueror Miguel de Ibarra, although it is worth mentioning that there was an indigenous population on this site for centuries. At the end of the 1960s, the initial village was flooded to build the Tominé reservoir. The government of that time built a new town for its inhabitants, New Guatavita, in a higher area. The town is charming for its architecture. In the square, you can buy handicrafts mainly colorful ponchos made of wool. This is a good place to enjoy a cup of coffee.
Laguna de Guatavita Park is reached by a narrow road, about 15 kilometers from the town. From there, the journey is covered by walking.
The Ascent. To reach the Indian Sacred Lake is necessary to walk on foot on a mountain path that is mostly cobbled, about 5 km of strong ascent in some sections, reaching up to 3000 meters above sea level. Spectacular view!
The Sacred Lagoon is a magical place that emanates powerful energy from its emerald green waters. It is the product of the rituals that were held there for thousands of years when the shamans deposited gold figures to their gods, as an offering. Many stories, legends, and traditions!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Corresponsal Bancario Bancolombia, Cra. 7 ## 6 - 34, Sesquilé, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Lunch in a typical restaurant and return to Bogotá.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Service door-to-door from and to your hotel.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
- Informal dress
- Comfortable shoes
- Waterproof warm jacket
- There will be stretches of walk and stairs
- Due to irregular surfaces, it is not suitable for people in a wheelchair or limited movement
- Subject to weather conditions. The order of activities could be modified
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- RESTRICTIONS It is mandatory to follow the official guide of the CAR, entity that manages the park. His mission, apart from giving explanations, is setting the pace of ascent to prevent damages on the health of participants. The CAR guide has the power to prevent a visitor from climbing if he considers it risky for his health. There are not always guides in English. If this is the case, the national guides can continue with our explanations BEHIND the group, but we cannot advance.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- To get a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.