GUGGENHEIM and BASQUE COAST - Private Cultural Adventure
Indulge yourself in the history, culture and art of Spanish Basque Country during this spectacular journey from San Sebastian through the famous town of Gernika, to beloved by surfers coastal villages, to masterpiece of modern architecture - the Museum of Guggenheim in the capital of Bizkaia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- High quality local snacks and a glass of wine
What's excluded :
- Food, drinks and tickets, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gernika-Lumo, Gernika-Lumo, Province of Vizcaya, Basque Country
Shortly we will have arrived to the re-emerged from its ashes town of Gernika that was pictured by Pablo Picasso in 1937. ‘Gernika’ it’s considered the second most famous painting of all times. We will stroll through the streets of the town to finally reach the neoclassical Assembly House of Bizkaia and ‘meet’ the Tree of Gernika - international symbol of peace, resistance and Basque rights.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Urdaibai, Biscay, Spain
After discovering the secrets of Basque history, it’s time to head towards the Coast of Bizkaia. The road will take us through extraordinary Urdaibai - UNESCO declared Biosphere Reserve. A place where holm oak covered mountains with steep slopes give way to a valley that leads to the sea, forming marshes inhabited by diversity of birds.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mundaka, Mundaka, Province of Vizcaya, Basque Country
Next, we will stop in the small town of Mundaka - mecca for surfers. This internationally renowned spot it’s famous for one of the best left waves in the world, as well as its beautiful paths and fishing traditions! We will also challenge your skills at the local ‘fronton’ playing the basque ball - are you ready to challenge our guide?
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mirador San Juan Gaztelugatxe, Kalea Arene Pelaio Deuna, 35TRI, 48370, Bizkaia, Spain
We will continue along one of the most breathtaking roads of Bizkaia Coast to finally stop at San Juan de Gaztelugatxe lookout. From here you have spectacular views of the Cantabrian Sea with breathtaking cliffs, tunnels and arches carved by the sea. The fans of Games of Thrones will quickly recognised this islet that is linked to the mainland by a winding path. Spoiler! There are no dragons!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bakioko begiralekua, Gibelorratzagako San Pelaio Auzoa, 68, 48130 Bakio, Bizkaia, Spain
On the way to Bilbao we will pass through one of the DOs of emblematic Basque wines - ‘txakoli’! You will enjoy a glass of this slightly sparkling, white wine while admiring the vineyards of Bakio and discovering the secrets behind the production of this beloved by locals drink.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Abandoibarra Et. 2, 48001 Bilbao Spain
Last, but definitely not least we will arrive to Bilbao - an example of how investment in culture can transform a grey, post-industrial city into a Winner of the 2018 European City of the Year! Staggering architecture, fine dining and cosmopolitan feeling is what characterise the capital of Bizkaia. Get impressed by the spectacular “titanium building “ of Guggenheim designed by Frank Gehry and dive into the world of Modern and Contemporary Art in the Museum located inside.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available also from different locations - please ask for details!Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessibility is extra paid - contact for details
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our vehicles and offices are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the cleaning and disinfection protocol certified by the Institute for Spanish Tourism Quality (ICTE). We also use an ozone air purification treatment in our vehicles before every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.