Guided Boat Tour of New Orleans Bayou and Wildlife
Are you ready to experience one of the best excursions New Orleans has to offer? Adventures of Jean Lafitte offers personal Alligator Tours through Louisiana’s beautiful backcountry. Gather your whole crew and come experience the “road less traveled”!
You’ll be touring 20,000 acres of tidewater cypress swamp. During your 1 hour 30 minute tour you’ll have opportunities to see alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets, herons and ibis, and we sometimes see hawks, owls and bald eagles.
We are approximately 35-45 minutes from New Orleans. If you do not have transportation to our location we offer pick-up and drop-off services to all hotels located in the Greater New Orleans area for an additional fee. Because we are located about 40 minutes outside of New Orleans, cab and uber services are not available.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pontoon boat ride
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option with transport is selected at the time of booking)
What's excluded :
- Food and drink (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your flat-bottomed boat is leisurely guided through the shallow marshes. Discover bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees as your captain points out a stunning variety of wildlife. Enjoy a fully narrated tour by a local guide.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on logs! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording you amazing photo opportunities. Also keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 72 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The size of our swamp boats offer an opportunity to spread out and social distance, while also being outside!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.