Guided Cave Exploration
Explore an underground river system and 2 cenotes at the same location. All the photos listed here you will see in person. This location is not easy to find therefore there are generally very few other people present. You will be swimming through different cave rooms under stalactites and hanging tree roots for approximately 1,5 hours with a life jacket which allows you to float therefore you do not have to be a great swimmer. As it is possible to get lost if you are navigating on your own, this location requires a guide. After the cave rooms have been explored, you will be able to spend time on your own without a guide to swim and take photos. Be prepared to have the most surreal and otherworldly experience of your lifetime.
Pick up is from a central location in the town of Tulum at a restaurant called Del Cielo. 9am pick up time.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Tour escort/host
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cenotes Sac Actun
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cenotes Sac Actun, Carretera Federal 307, Tulum 77760 Mexico
We will be exploring a truly magical cenote that leads into a stunning underground river system. Unlike other cenotes that are jam-packed with tourists and large tour groups, we will be guiding you to a location that is less known and off the beaten path. With us as your guides we will show you a surreal scene of a sacred underground tree, like a picture straight out of a fairy tale, in real life. Then we will swim into an underground river filled with stalactites, stalagmites and rock formations that make you feel as if you are exploring another planet. Access to the underground river system is normally reserved for certified cave divers however we will be exploring an area that is not completely submerged under water making it possible to swim and wade without diving equipment or certification. We have been to countless cenotes in the area as well as other entrances into the underground river system and nothing compares to this location. Come with us and we will show you the best and most special underground river experience that the Yucatan Peninsula has to offer.
– Private transportation included We pick you up and drop you off from any location within a 10-kilometer radius from Tulum.
– Drinks and snacks provided during transport Water. Coconut water. Trail mix.
– Snorkel gear provided Optional and complimentary.
– Minimum age 5 years old.
– Open 7 days a week.
– Pick up is at 2 pm.
– Tour length Total tour length is 3.5 hours depending on your pace and pick up location.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :DelCielo, Satélite Sur 5, Tulum Centro, Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.