Guided Chamarel Walking Tour with Transportation
Seven coloured earths / Ebony Forest / Maconde
Duration: Up to 8 hours from pick-up from the hotel until drop-off at the hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chamarel’s Seven Coloured Earth Geopark
- Entry/Admission - Ebony Forest Reserve
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chamarel’s Seven Coloured Earth Geopark, Chamarel, Mauritius
The seven colored earth is a natural phenomenon and a prominent tourist attraction. The colors evolved through conversion of basaltic lava to clay minerals.
It is a relatively small area of sand dunes comprising sand of seven distinct colours (approximately red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ebony Forest Reserve, Seven Coloured Earth Road, Chamarel, Mauritius 90409
If you have ever wondered where the Dodo lived or what Mauritius looked like before the arrival of humans, then visit Ebony Forest. Escape the beaches for a couple of hours and immerse yourself in the mountains and greenery of Chamarel, home to some of the most endangered species in the World.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Le Morne, Le Morne
Le Morne Brabant, in Le Morne (which is also known as Le Morne Cultural Landscape), the iconic mountain located on the southwestern tip of the island.The dramatic Le Morne Brabant (and actually the Le Morne Cultural Landscape as a whole) was put onto the esteemed UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 2008, after which it was closed to the public. Much debate ensued whether it should be reopened to the public, and finally, in 2016 it was. Thousands of people have visited this site, both local and international, since the latter arriving in Mauritius from all around the world.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all over the island and not only at the listed hotels. Please to let us have name of your hotel. Also, please give us a call on the eve of the excursion so that we can advise about your exact pick up time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code: comfortable with walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A large amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Mosquito repellent recommended
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.