Guided Climb of Carrauntoohil
Our mountain guides are the very best, the most experienced and competent, most truly passionate and of course not to mention, best “fun”. We only employ those with an extensive local knowledge and who ooze a real & genuine passion for what they do so you can rely upon us to give you the very best and hugely memorable hiking & climbing experience and their expertise will help to lift your experience out of the ordinary. KerryClimbing have also been listed as #1 Outdoor Activity in Killarney for 5years !!! So you know you are booking the best.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Highly Experienced Local Guide
- Receive unique specially commissioned commemorative enamel badge
- Highly informative guides offering local history, geology and stories in a fun environment
- Award winning guides - we are #1 on Trip Advisor for 5 consecutive years
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food & Drink not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carrantoohil, Dunloe, Killarney V93 YX2P Ireland
Guided Ascent of Carrauntoohil, Ireland's highest mountain:
When you make an ascent with us you will not just be tagging along – we will share a wealth of historical, geological and natural history which these mountains have in abundance. We are very passionate about this area and it shows.
Guests ages 16 and up can attend.
It is worth mentioning before you proceed that any ascent of Ireland's highest mountain should only be undertaken if you feel you have the required level of fitness. You will be hiking over tough strenuous mountain terrain that does not have trails for at least 6 hours. The route is over 11 kmtrs long and within that there is 1000mtrs of ascent and decent! We have found that people have previously underestimated the climb so it is necessary to state this.
Waterproof / windproof jacket and over trousers ( breathable fabric recommended but not essential )
Comfortable Clothing NO JEANS / DENIM
Back Pack ( essential )
Spare Fleece / Warm Layer for the summit
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Cronins Yard, Mealis, Beaufort,, Alohart, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Waterproof / windproof jacket and over trousers ( breathable fabric recommended but not essential ) Comfortable Clothing NO JEANS / DENIM Hiking Boots Fluid Packed Lunch Back Pack Spare Fleece / Warm Layer for the summit
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.