Guided day tour to Flam - incl Premium Nærøyfjord Cruise and Flåm Railway
This guided tour is legendary and it takes us through some of Norway's most beautiful fjord scenery. You will experience the scenic Bergen Railway, the breathtaking Flåm Railway, the Aurlandsfjord, the narrow and dramatic UNESCO-protected Nærøyfjord and a bus trip through the beautiful scenery of Western Norway. From May - September, the bus trip includes the steep hairpin curves of Stalheimskleiva.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bergen Railway, Bergen - Voss
- Bus, Voss - Gudvangen
- Premium Fjord Cruise, Gudvangen - Flåm
- Flåm Railway, Flåm - Myrdal
- Bergen Railway, Myrdal - Bergen
- Local guide - English speaking
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Stalheimskleiva
- Entry/Admission - Naeroyfjord
- Entry/Admission - Flåmsbana
- Entry/Admission - Kjosfossen Waterfall
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Voss Municipality, Voss Municipality, Hordaland, Western Norway
Voss is a municipality and a traditional district in Vestland county, Norway. The administrative center of the municipality is the village of Vossevangen. Voss is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, forests, lakes and fast-flowing whitewater rivers. This has led to its development as a notable center of skiing, water sports, skydiving, paragliding and other adventure sports. Every year in the last week of June the area hosts the Extreme Sports Week which is regarded as the world's premier extreme sports festival. Bømoen, the local airstrip, is home to Skydive Voss, one of the largest dropzones in Norway, as well as a gliding club. The rivers provide various levels of white water, attracting kayaking, rafting and river boarding. Kite surfing and para-bungee may be seen on lake Vangsvatnet. The ski area, to the north of the town, is accessible via a cable car, Hangursbanen.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Stalheimskleiva, Stalheimsklevia, Stalheim Norway
The small village of Stalheim lies along the highway in the northeastern part of the Voss municipality. The village sits at a high point in the inner part of the Nærøydal valley which leads northeastwards towards the Nærøyfjorden. The highway runs through a series of tunnels to descend into the valley, but in the summer months we drive the old road Stalheimskleivi that was built in 1850 and can still be used with its hairpin turns and 20% grade. The Stalheimsfossen waterfall is the most notable sight in the area and the view from Stalheim hotel is well-known from several paintings.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Tvindefossen, Norway
Tvindefossen is a waterfall near Voss on the road to Flåm. The many-stranded 110 meters high waterfall is formed by a small stream, the Kroelvi, tumbling over a receding cliff. It is famous for its beauty and many stop here to admire it.
Stop At: Naeroyfjord, Norway
The Nærøyfjord is a narrow fjord in the municipality of Aurland and is a branch of the large Sognefjord. The 18-kilometre (11 mi) long fjord is only 250metres (800 ft) wide in some parts. The river Nærøydalselvi flows down the valley Nærøydalen into the fjord at the village of Gudvangen. Since 2005, the Nærøyfjord has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, and it has also been rated by National Graphic Society as the world's number one natural heritage site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aurlandsfjord, Norway
Aurlandsfjord flows through the municipalities of Aurland, Vik and Lærdal. The 29-kilometre (18 mi) long fjord is a branch off of the main Sognefjorden, Norway's longest fjord. The fjord is deep and narrow, reaching a depth of about 962 metres (3,156 ft) and its width is generally less than 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) wide. About 11 kilometers (6.8 mi) south of the mouth of the fjord, the Nærøyfjord branches off from it to the west. The village of Flåm sits at the innermost part of the Aurlandsfjord; other villages along the fjord are Aurlandsvangen and Undredal. Most of the fjord is surrounded by up to 1,800-metre (5,900 ft) tall, steep mountains with little habitation along the fjord except for in a few small valleys.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Flåmsbana, A-Feltvegen 11, 5743 Flåm, Norway
Flåm Railway is a 20.2-kilometer (12.6 mi) long railway line between Flåm and Myrdal. A branch line of the Bergen Line, it runs through the valley of Flåmsdalen and connects the mainline with Sognefjorden. The line's elevation difference is 866 meters (2,841 ft); it has ten stations, twenty tunnels and one bridge. The maximum gradient is 5.5 percent (1:18). Because of its steep gradient and picturesque nature, the Flåm Line is now almost exclusively a tourist service and has become the third-most visited tourist attraction in Norway. Construction of the line started in 1924, with the line opening in 1940. It allowed the district of Sogn access to Bergen and Oslo via the Bergen Line. Electric traction was taken into use in 1944.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kjosfossen Waterfall, Rallarvegen, Myrdal 5742 Norway
Kjosfossen is one of the most visited waterfalls in Norway, located next to the Flåm Railway. It's an impressive sight and the sound of the water is like thunder. A trip on the Flåmsbana Railway takes you right past the waterfall. In 1951, a stopping place for the railway was built near the waterfall to give train passengers an opportunity to see it up close!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Bergen station, Strømgaten 4, 5015 Bergen, Norway
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- At least 2 participants are required for this tour to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.