Guided Day Trip to Dresden
Get a full commentary of Dresden's origins and life in the post-communist era
Learn about the importance of Meisen pottery to the region
Explore the Old Town, the Semper Opera house, and the Balcony of Europe
Discover the Zwinger Palace
Enjoy the journey from the comfort of a coach hired just for your tour group with a local expert guide
per adult from
What's included :
- Local expert guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Zoologischer Garten Magdeburg, Zooallee 1, 39124 Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt Germany
Join this fascinating day trip to Dresden aboard your coach hired just for this round trip to Dresden. Dresden was the royal residence of the Saxon Kings, who established a city of such cultural and artistic splendour it was named “The Pearl of the Baroque.” To this day it is still considered one of Germany's most beautiful cities.
During the tour you’ll explore the immaculately restored Old Town and Old Market, including the famous Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche), the Semper Opera House, and the Balcony of Europe – once Dresden's defensive rampart on the River Elbe. You will also wander around the Zwinger medieval fortress – home to the Old Masters’ Collection featuring works by Raphael, Rembrandt, Rubens, and more.
During the tour, you will also learn about the Albertinum, Blue Wonder, Dresden Castle, Taschenberg Palace, and Procession of Princes. Walk by the Augustus Bridge, Brühl's Terrasse and the New Market.
Hear stories of Dresden at the time of August the Strong (who allegedly sired 300 children), emotional wartime experiences, and the Communist era. Discover the vibrant city of today, and enjoy free time to visit the world-class museums, relax on the waterfront, or stroll through the flea market.
Departure Point :Berlin Zoologischer Garten railway station, Hardenbergplatz 13, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.