Guided E-bike Tour with Tastings on Ile d'Orleans
Cycle with ease on Ile d'Orleans, one of the region’s most beautiful roads, following your local tour guide. This easy ride of 20 km / 12.5 mi leads you to the island's most pictoresque village. Taste chocolate and strawberries at the farm, visit a local winery and take plenty of wonderful photos all along the way. Chose from different departure times, when booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local tour guide for a small group
- Electric bike for easy cycling
- Helmet and lock
- Security briefing about your electric bike and test riding on parking lot
- Local products' tasting at the farm (berries, chocolate and wine)
- Exclusive acces to the Italian Gardens of Porteous Manor
- Parking for your vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tips for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quebec Aventure Tours, 507 route Prevost, Saint-Laurent-de-l'Ile-d'Orleans, Quebec G0A 3Z0 Canada
We meet our local tour guide at the Motel Ile d'Orleans, close to the island's bridge. Upon arrival, we'll get a detailed safety introduction and we may try our electric bike on the parking lot.
Your electric bike is shaped like a Fat Bike, with large tires and a heavy frame. The powerful electric assistance can support you up to a speed of 24 km/h / 15 mi/h !
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sainte-Petronille, Sainte-Petronille, Ile d'Orleans, Quebec
Once ready to go, our small group follows the guide on the road's large and secure shoulder, as there is no bike path on Ile d'Orleans. Our tour is about 20 km / 12.5 mi and will take about 3 hours, leading us to the island's most beautiful village.
Our first stop is a local fruits farm. We'll taste the famous Strawberries of Ile d'Orleans, known all over Canada, and learn about agriculture, a very important aspect of the island's economy.
We'll visit the Italian Gardens of Porteous' Manor, built in 1898. Our guide will underline the important role this building played in history and share some fascinating details. You are very welcome to ask questions.
Heading further, we reach the chocolaterie in the village's heart. Here, we'll take a break from cycling and stroll on the river's banks, enjoying the fantastic view on Quebec City and some home-made chocolate.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vignoble Ste-Petronille, 8705, Chemin Royal, Sainte-Petronille, Quebec G0A 4C0 Canada
As we leave the village, we'll stop at a funky little boutique and coffee shop just next to a maple plantation - a great occasion to learn about the basics of maple syrup production!
Just across the street, we'll then taste some of the island's best wines at a classy local winery overlooking the Montmorency waterfalls. Take plenty of fabulous pictures!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cassis Monna & Filles, 1225 Chemin Royal, Saint-Pierre-de-l'lle-d'Orleans, Quebec G0A 4E0 Canada
We'll also taste various products made of black currant (=cassis), such as jam, jelly and honey.
Afterwards, it's time for us to return to our starting point - You never had so much fun cycling up a hill, as on these electric bikes!
Upon return to the Motel Ile d'Orleans, you may sit and relax on their terrace, as you wait for a cab to pick you up. We may also provide you with more recommandations, if you'd like to discover the rest of the island by car.
You'll leave beautiful Ile d'Orleans with long lasting memories of a fun and active day!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :507 Route Prévost, Saint-Laurent-de-l'Île-d'Orléans, QC G0A 3Z0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive 30 min in advance
- You should know how to ride a (regular) bike and be tall enough to fit on an adult's bike
- Please make sure you dress appropriately for this activity: windbreaker, closed shoes, scarf and gloves, especially in spring and fall
- Cycling bag or small backpack for your personal belongings or additional shopping available on-site for five CAD
- Although the Ile d'Orleans is known to be a cyclists' paradise, there is no bike path on the island; you'll ride on the road's large and secure shoulder
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.