Guided hike to Florli 4,444 steps
Consider spending a day climbing the world’s longest wooden staircase. With its 4444 steps, Flørli is known to be one of the scariest stairs in the world. The climb is long and strenuous, but provides great lookout points where you can stop to catch your breath while enjoying the vista over the Lysefjord down below. This is a two-part hike that does not take you through the same scenery more than once. The descent follows the hundred-year old marked trail that was once used by the “Rallarer”. Rallarer were often underprivileged men that were employed in the 1800s Norway to help build infrastructure. They are remembered to have carried up to 80 kg loads on their backs, and are the ones that built the stairs along with the Flørli Hydroelectric Power Station at their base. The dam at Ternevatnet, which the return trail passes, also stands as a reminder of their mastery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Dinner - Dinner at the end of the hike
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Lunch during the day is not provided
Enjoy our early morning hike and climb the world's longest wooden staircase with 4,444 steps.
Cruise the Lysefjord and watch Pulpit Rock from below.
• Lysefjord, Stavanger Norway
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and airbnb in Stavanger. Airports
- Sola Airport, Stavanger Norway
Departure Time :4:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Dress code is for hiking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival.
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.