Guided La Fortuna Waterfall, Swimming Hole and Lunch
The 225-ft La Fortuna Waterfall is one of the most-iconic and most-beautiful attractions near the Arenal Volcano. A visit to the base of this waterfall requires hiking down hundreds of well-built, stable stairs, going across a couple of hanging bridges to where you can actually relax in the soothing cool waters down below. And you will certainly work up an appetite on your way back up, so it's the perfect opportunity to join us at the Hunters and Gatherers all you can eat natural buffet right next another of the La Fortuna's stunning attractions: the El Salto Secret Swimming Hole! This is an informative guided tour, but take your time and enjoy your surroundings! This half-day activity takes about 3 hours in total and can be done in the morning or afternoon. You extend your stay at El Salto at no extra charge.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Locally-sourced, delicious food
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Desafio Adventure Company, 1 Kilometer South of the Redondel Río Fortuna - El Salto, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21010, Costa Rica
Our headquarters is located right next to one of the most beautiful locations in the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna areas at the El Salto swimming hole and waterfall park. This is a great place to hang out and enjoy your time in La Fortuna!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 106-4417 Costa Rica
Take a hike to the base of the iconic La Fortuna waterfall whose waters flow from the Children's Eternal Rainforest way up in the cloud forests of Monteverde. It's a magical place and a bit of a hike, with great Instagramable photo opportunities at every step! Your guide will lead the way! Take advantage of strolling through the orchid and butterfly gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We look forward to having you with us. If you are at a rental home, please contact us directly so we can identify your location correctly. Thank you!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.