Guided Snowshoe Walk on Tromsoya Island in Tromso
This trip is the perfect way to start the day!
Stride through Tromsø’s winter wonderland on a guided 2-hours snowshoe trek. Venture out of the city to snow-laden top of the Tromsø Island, get instructions from your guide, don your snowshoes and set out into the deep snow. Follow the trails around forests and hills, and relish the feeling of crunching over, rather than sinking into, the pristine snow. Take a break for photos, learn about the local countryside, and savor a hot drink and snack on route.
Tour is designed for people with little or no experience, all level of fitness, age and skills, families with children from 8 years old and everybody who loves to be outdoors. Perfect if you have never experienced snow or snowshoeing before.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport to the start and back to Tromsø city centre
- Snowshoes and hiking poles
- Hot drink and local sweet snack lefse
- Local guide
- Pick up point in central location close to most of the city hotels.
What's excluded :
- Winter clothes - but can be rented separately at Tromsø Outdor Rental Center upon prior arrangement. Come in good time before the trip starts, you will find us on Sjøgata 14, open daily 9am-5pm. Hotel pick up and drop off is not available on this tour.
After a short 10-minute drive to the top of the Tromsø island, we first learn how to use snowshoes and then we start walking into the forest.
Our guide will lead you through flat and slightly hilly terrain. We stop several times during the walk for photos and to provide you with information about our beautiful city and Arctic environment. The area is wonderfully scenic with birch and spruce forests and providing the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the surrounding island landscapes. We also stop for a longer break where we serve lefse (a delicious local snack) and a hot drink to warm up.
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø, Sjøgata 7, 9259 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- IMPORTANT: Please advise shoe size (european) in the special requirements field at check out. If you fail to provide this information your booking may be cancelled.
- In case we have no snow in the area alternative activity or full refund of the tour costs will be offered.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.