Guided Tour of Museums in Hyderabad
Hyderabad, also known as the City of the Nizams, has several extraordinary museums that showcase the wealthy lifestyles of the rulers of this former princely state of India. The museums are housed in large palaces that merit a visit in their own right. From the world’s largest one man collection of art to a palace that had over 7 000 attendants in its heydays, this guided tour of museums is a must on every visitor’s itinerary.
• Salar Jung Museum
• State Museum
• Nizam’s Museum
• Chowmahalla Palace
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Salar Jung Museum
- Entry/Admission - AP State Museum
- Entry/Admission - Nizam Museum
- Entry/Admission - Chowmahalla Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities ( optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salar Jung Museum, Salar Jung Road, Hyderabad 500002 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Salar Jung Museum, that contains the world’s largest collection of art and objects by a single individual. The 38 galleries of the museum display collections from all over the world that date from the 2nd century B.C. to the early 20th century A.D. The Clock Room of the museum with its large collection of clocks ranging from sundials to modern day masterpieces is a must to visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: AP State Museum, Public Gardens Red Hill, Hyderabad 500004 India
Next drive to the State Museum, the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The museum has a large collection of artifacts from several archaeological excavations. It also has a rich collection of Buddhist sculptures dating back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries B.C. and an equally impressive collection of Hindu sculptures from the Chalukya and Vijaynagar Empires that range from the 6th to the 13th century A.D. The museum’s main attraction is an Egyptian mummy which was donated by the seventh Nizam of Hyderabad.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nizam Museum, Purani Haveli, Hyderabad 500002 India
Your next stop will be the Nizam’s Museum that has a display of the gifts received by the last Nizam of Hyderabad on his silver jubilee celebrations. These include a golden throne, diamond and gold studded daggers and a silver elephant. Also on display are three vintage cars - a 1930 Rolls Royce, a Packard and a Mark V Jaguar.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chowmahalla Palace, 20-4-236, Motigalli, Khilwat Motigalli, Hyderabad 500002 India
After the museum visit, enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Your last stop for the day is the magnificent Chowmahalla Palace, the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad. Don’t miss the Clock Tower at the entrance. The mechanical clock has been ticking for the last 250 years. The lavish palace was the venue of all functions and banquets hosted by the Nizams.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Hyderabad District, Telangana
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Salarjung Museum, Nizam Museum, State Museum and Chowmahalla Palace remain closed on Fridays.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult .
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.