Guided Tour of Porto on the History of the Tile
Tiled Porto is a fascinating tour of the tile shine in the city of Porto. You will discover its origin, its techniques and its stories as you contemplate hundreds of examples of this so inherently Portuguese material.
We only work with professionals. Our tours are guided by doctors in their specialties and residents of the city! We are obsessed with the beauty of our city: the historical and the everyday. And we do not forget to tell you where to eat well or how to order like a portuense.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church Santo Ildefonso, R. de Santo Ildefonso 11, 4000-153 Porto, Portugal
Protobarroca church, example of 19th century tile with religious iconography
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sao Bento Railway Station, Praca Almeida Garrett, Porto 4000-069 Portugal
The most mythical train station in all of Portugal, covered with thousands of tiles.
We continue with:
One of the most beautiful examples of advertising tile, in an old Art-Nouveau style store.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: R. da Madeira 182, 4000-433 Porto, Portugal
What is it, Porto?
Contemporary tile mural, the only one done collectively in the city.
Stop At: Praca D.Joao I, Praca D. Joao I, Porto 4000-295 Portugal
Edification Palácio Atlântico
Modern mural of the great potter from Puerto Rico from the second half of the 20th century, Jorge Barradas.
Stop At: Rua de Santa Catarina 160, 4000-381 Porto, Portugal
Grande Bazar do Porto, Lda
The relics of one of the first department stores in the city.
Stop At: Capela das Almas, Rua de Santa Catarina 428 Esquina com a Rua Fernandes Tomás, a 30 metros do Bolhão-Porto, Porto 4000-444 Portugal
Neoclassical chapel of exultant result thanks to its cover, completely lined with religious tile.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Café A Brasileira, R. do Bonjardim 116, 4000-440 Porto, Portugal
COFFEE TO BRAZILIAN
The first coffee ad in the city of Porto, with hand-made typographic tile.
Stop At: Antiga Fábrica de Cerâmica das Devesas, R. do Conselheiro Veloso da Cruz 185, 4400 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
DEVESAS CERAMIC DEPOSIT
The most amazing example of tile that you will see in the city of Porto. And there I create this intrigue.
Stop At: Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes, 4050 Porto, Portugal
JOHANNA VASCONCELOS MURAL
Contemporary tile made by the most famous Portuguese artist today, representative of the country at the Venice Biennale.
Stop At: A Perola do Bolhao, Rua Formosa 279, Porto 4000-252 Portugal
Advertising tile in its moment of greatest exuberance, covering a mythical store.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Igreja do Carmo, Rua Carmo, Porto 4050-164 Portugal
The famous twin churches discover the last tiled cloth that we will see on the tour, an imposing scene with a religious-baroque theme.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Praça da Batalha 35, 4000-101 Porto, Portugal
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Igreja do Carmo, R. do Carmo, 4050-164 Porto, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Clean & Safe": All our guides are trained in the "Clean & Safe" course offered by the Porto City Council. Only 18 participants are allowed per tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.