Guided Tour of World's Largest Copper Mine from Salt Lake City
Go inside the world's largest man-made hole! This open-pit copper mine was dug within the Rocky Mountains over the last 110 years and is now 1 mile deep and 3 miles wide! It's also the richest mine in history, producing copper, gold and silver.
Experience the beautiful mountain scenery as you witness the world's largest trucks and shovels extract copper, silver, and gold.
This 3-hour sightseeing tour is fully-narrated by a professional guide, providing history, stories and fun facts you won't find anywhere else. Tours depart from downtown Salt Lake City.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Entrance & Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Bingham Canyon Open Pit Copper Mine
What's excluded :
- Gratuity (15-20% customary): Like waiters, our guides rely on tips to make a living
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bingham Canyon Open Pit Copper Mine, Utah 48 About 25 miles southwest of Salt Lake City outside of Copperton, Bingham Canyon, UT 84006
See the largest manmade hole on earth and richest copper mine in history
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Salt Lake Plaza Hotel at Temple Square, 122 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Folding wheelchairs and walkers may be accommodated but you must notify us by email at least 24 hours before the tour
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.