Guided Walking Tour of Landmarks of Varanasi
Situated along the banks of the holy river Ganges, Varanasi - the city of ghats is considered to be the spiritual capital of India. Along the city's winding streets are some 2,000 temples, including Kashi Vishwanath, the “Golden Temple,” dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
This tour lets the guests witness the the different shades of the city. The tour starts by meeting the guide at Assi Ghat early in the morning. The magnificent view of the long stretch of the ghats along with the shining water during sunrise is not worth missing. The guide will then share stories about Varanasi, what makes this place special & sacred? Collect stories, legends and myths connected to particular places in this city. This walk will allow you to discover some of the most evocative places around.
Take a long tour of these ghats, temples and pilgrims and walk out with the memories and captured moments to be cherished.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking tour of various Temples
- Service of English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Pick up and Drop Services
- Meals and Drinks
- Personal and Shopping expenses
- Tips and Gratitude
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Assi Ghat, Sdkfjl, Varanasi 221005 India
Assi Ghat is the southernmost Ghat in Varanasi, situated at the assemblage of Ganges and Assi rivers. This ghat is a sacred place as pilgrims offer prayers to a huge Shiva lingam placed under a peepal tree after bathing in the river. Collect folk stories, legends and myths connected to particular places in this city.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Assi ghat, Shivala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.