Guided walking tour of Siena
Siena is a treasure trove of historical, artistic, religious and cultural riches all to be discovered.
The best way to do it is on foot, admiring the changes to the town over the centuries and enjoying the spectacular scenery and curious particulars. With an authorized guide you will be able to appreciate the major tourist attractions like Piazza del Campo, the true heart of the town, the Palazzo Comunale (Town Hall), the Cathedral and the majestic Basilica of San Domenico. There will also be no lack of references to the great noble families, such as the Piccolomini, Tolomei and Salimbeni, and their palazzos, to the great tradition of the Siena Palio, but also to the stories of pilgrimage and saintliness that distinguish the town. The walk continues with a visit to the Cathedral that preserves the treasures of artists like Nicola Pisano, Duccio di Buoninsegna, Donatello and Gianlorenzo Bernini, besides its marvelous marble floor, which is a unique example in the history of art.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided walking tour of Siena
- Local professional guide
- Entrance to Siena Cathedral (only if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pubblico and Museo Civico
- Entry/Admission - Torre del Mangia
- Entry/Admission - Complesso Museale Santa Maria della Scala
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Storico di Siena, Piazza Del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
With a local Senese guide discover the center of this stunning city. Our guides will tell you history, anecdotes and legends of this world known city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
This is the heart of Siena and undoubtedly the symbol of the city and of the Palio horse race. From here you'll start the guided walking tour to discover this stunning city
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Fonte Gaia, Piazza Il Campo 21, 53100, Siena Italy
It is located in the main Piazza del Campo and it an ancient fountain all covered with white marble
Stop At: Palazzo Pubblico and Museo Civico, Piazza del Campo 1, 53100, Siena Italy
Located in Piazza del Campo this ancient Palace was built to represent the Government of Republic of Siena and also nowadays represents the city hall. Plus inside there is a beautiful museum that tells the history of the city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Torre del Mangia, Piazza del Campo 1, 53100, Siena Italy
This is the civic tower of the Palazzo Comunale and is one of the ancient in Italy.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Palazzo Tolomei, Piazza Tolomei 11, 53100, Siena Italy
The Palazzo Tolomei is an imposing, Gothic style urban palace built by the Tolomei Family. Is located right in the center of the city
Stop At: Piazza Salimbeni, 53100, Siena Italy
This is the square in which is located the ancient Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Complesso Museale Santa Maria della Scala, Piazza del Duomo 1, 53100, Siena Italy
Admire the stunning Duomo of Siena definitely one of the most beautiful complex.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Il Campo, 72, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour will depart from Piazza del Campo, 72 Siena in front of Info Point
- The tour with Cathedral Entrance will last 2h
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.