Guided Walking Tour of the Historic District of Tui
The Historic Center of Tui is one of the most important and beautiful in Galicia. Its border position and the Miño river give it unique physical, historical and natural characteristics. What we see today is the result of more than two thousand years of history.
At the top of the hill is the Cathedral around which the old city was formed. A maze of streets and alleys adapt to the terrain, discovering its secrets until reaching the river area, from where you can almost touch Portugal.
On this visit you can enjoy a walk full of history and a unique artistic heritage that will not leave you indifferent.
per adult from
60 to 70 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tui Cathedral, Plaza De San Fernando 36700, Tui Spain
On this visit you will depart from the Plaza de San Fernando where you can admire the main facade of the Cathedral and understand the configuration of the old city from this emblematic building. Its fortress aspect takes us back to medieval times and serves as a pretext to talk about different events that have marked the history of Tui. From there, we will enter the Historic Center.
Stop At: Tui, Tui, Province of Pontevedra, Galicia
The streets and alleys of the Old Town are full of stories and unique buildings that we will visit while admiring the Miño and Portugal.
We will pass through chapels and unique places such as the Tunnel of the Nuns, one of the most typical places in Tui forms a vaulted passageway under the convent, which connects the upper part of the city and the area between the walls, the Chapter Jail linked to multiple processes inquisitoriales and the old Teatro Principal, among others.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Plaza San Fernando, 36700 Tuy, Pontevedra, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.