Guided Walking Tour on Poverty and Homelessness
Our alternative guided walking tour on poverty & homelessness.
Discover the different challenges that homeless people face and the diverse possibilities that the Viennese social system offers when people need it the most.
During this two hour long tour your guide – a (former) homeless person himself – will provide you with a mix of facts and personal stories that illustrate the complexity of homelessness. Together we will walk along the thin line of poverty and wellfare. We will pass places that are related to homelessness and will make you realize the contrasts of the city.
The content is homelessness, its challenges and the solutions that the city provides. While you are learning something new, you contribute to the re-integration of the guide into a stable living situation.
This is not a sightseeing tour – this is a tour about life. It therefore is an educational tour on a socio-politic topic. Please note that the tour does not visit shelters or expose homeless people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vienna, Vienna
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Heldenplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Franziskanerplatz, Franziskanerpl., 1010 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 14 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Weatherproof clothes and comfortable shoes are recommended
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.