Guided Walking Tour: Perth - Arcades & Laneways
On this Perth Urban Adventure you will learn the past, present and future of Perth
See the Swan River and walk through its beautiful gardens
Hear stories about the Noongars, the English Settlement and boom times
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- A complimentary drink at a Northbridge Pub
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guides
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Foods and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Swan River, Riverside Drive Perth City Foreshore, Perth, Western Australia 6000 Australia
Arcades & Laneways is the most comprehensive guided historical tour in Perth. Western Australia is an enormous state that takes up a third of the country – and Perth is its booming capital. Originally not of any interest to the British, it was only when French and Dutch explorers started sniffing around that the English decided there should be a colony in the West of Australia.
Discover the evolving small bar scene and hidden gems on this information packed walking tour through the heart of Perth's lesser known streetscapes with a friendly 'Sandgroper' as your guide. The arcades and laneways provide interesting routes to navigate through the city center as well as great spots to check out hip and happening events and the proliferation of street art. Together we will explore the modern day secrets of the Central Business District, a powerhouse riding the wave of the resources boom.
To really get know the city, you’ll get stories about the quirks of its history, heritage, culture and architecture. Rather than get bogged down in dates and historical data, your passionate guide will show you why Perth “is the way it is.”
Your Perth tour finishes up at a local pub in Northbridge, where the first drink is on us! A great afternoon out, whether you are visiting from over east, overseas, or even if you are a local West Australian who wants to dig deeper into our rich history.
Departure Point :Cathedral Square, Perth WA 6000, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.