Guided Walks in Grantown-on-Spey
The only guided walking tour of Grantown-on-Spey, explaining its history since founded in 1765, the local woods and River Spey. The tour guide is local to the area with extensive knowledge of Scottish history and culture pertaining to the area. Previous experience working in the Highland Archive, written books on the local area and a graduate in Scottish Culture.
The tour will commence by the war memorial in the Square and proceed round the town, through the woods to the River Spey. The return to the war memorial will follow a different route by the woods and High St.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Binoculars may be available to use at certain locations.
What's excluded :
- Snacks - The walking tour will not be stopping for refreshments, but you may bring your own.
- No additional equipment is required or provided for the walking tour. You may bring camera, binoculars and walking poles if required.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grantown-on-Spey, Grantown-on-Spey, Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
A guided walking tour describing the buildings, people, history, heritage, culture, flora and fauna from Grantown town centre through Anagach Woods to the River Spey and returning to the town centre.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :The Square, Grantown-on-Spey PH26, UK
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The walking tour is conducted outside and there will be no interaction with anything that will require handling. Guide and participants will socially distance at 2 m. Strathspey Tours have reached the industry standard 'We're Ready To Go!' set by Visit Scotland.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.