Guided Whitewater Kayaking in the Northern Berkshires
Kayaking down Massachusetts' Deerfield River is a great way to see the Berkshires and spend a warm summer day outside and active! These boats are easy to paddle and very stable, making them a great way to get a taste of whitewater kayaking with minimal instruction.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of PFD
- Use of Helmet
- Use of Kayak
- Use of Paddle
What's excluded :
Kayaking down Massachusetts' Deerfield River is a great way to see the Berkshires and spend a warm summer day outside and active! These boats are easy to paddle and very stable.
We use single kayaks daily from May through September. Singles are great for children at least 10 years old and adults under 250 pounds who want the freedom to challenge the river on their own, while doubles give kids as young as 7 an opportunity to share a boat with an adult and enjoy the river. Guides accompany every trip on the river to help you find the correct line and to maximize your river experience.
While these trips are not instructional clinics, they are a wonderful way to explore the Deerfield River with a guide close by to offer support, paddling suggestions and insight into the natural and cultural history of the area.
Featuring both Class I and II rapids, as well as opportunities to swim and splash in the waters of the Deerfield, this trip provides a wonderful afternoon adventure for families, schools, scout and camp groups. We meet at 1:45 pm each day and the trip takes about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, including registration, outfitting and transportation to the river.
• Deerfield River, Charlemont, MA
Departure Point :Zoar Outdoor Adventure Resort, 7 Main St, Charlemont, MA 01339, USA
Departure Time :1:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.