Guimaraes private city tour (Cidade Berço) departing from Porto
A historic trip through the Portuguese birthplace. A city of heroes and legends that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy this trip in the comfort of a luxury vehicle with a private driver / guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Guimaraes Castle
- Entry/Admission - Paco dos Duques de Braganca
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Guimaraes Castle, Rua Conde D. Henrique Paço dos Duques, Guimaraes 4810-245 Portugal
In a dominant position, overlooking the Campo de São Mamede, this monument is linked to the foundation of the Portucalense County and to the struggles for independence from Portugal, being popularly designated as the birthplace of nationality.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Paco dos Duques de Braganca, Rua Conde Dom Henrique, Guimaraes 4800-412 Portugal
It was built in the 15th century on the initiative of Afonso I de Bragança. The Burgundian style of this palace reflects his tastes, acquired during his travels in Europe, although its current aspect was controversially recreated during the Estado Novo.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Centro Historico de Guimaraes, Guimaraes Portugal
The historic city of Guimarães is associated with the emergence of Portuguese national identity in the 12th century. It is an exceptionally well-kept example of the evolution from a medieval town to a modern city, with the rich building typology showing the development of Portuguese architecture between the 15th and 19th centuries with the continued use of traditional building techniques and materials.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Porto Cathedral, Terreiro da Sé, 4050-573 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.