Guimarães and Braga day tour with Monuments Tickets...Castle, Palace, Cathedrals
Guimarães, a city of medieval origin known as "Cradle of the Nation", was classified in 2001 as World Heritage by UNESCO.
Guimarães has a prominent role in the history of Portugal, and where the battle of São Mamede paved the way for the foundation of the Portuguese nation.
It was from here that the conquest of Portugal from the Moors began, by D. Afonso Henriques (1st king of Portugal).
Braga, founded by Romans under the name of Bracara Augusta in honor of Emperor César Augusto, it is currently a charming city and the oldest in Portugal with more than 2000 years of history.
It is one of the main religious centers in the country, and where the oldest cathedral in Portugal is located.
In the long journey through the history of the city, we can find several styles, from Roman to Baroque, with the beautiful houses of the 18th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guimarães Castle
- Braga Cathedral and Treasury-Museum
- Palace of the Dukes of Bragança
- Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte and Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sameiro
- Guimarães and Braga Historic Center
- Private transportation
- Guied in your language
- Personal accident insurance required by law
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Guimaraes Castle
- Entry/Admission - Tesouro Museu da Se Catedral
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Guimaraes Castle, Rua Conde D. Henrique Paço dos Duques, Guimaraes 4810-245 Portugal
On this tour, we will discover centuries of Portuguese history with a guided and relaxed visit to Guimarães and Braga.
A full-day experience where you will visit in the morning the Guimarães castle, the palace of the Dukes of Bragança, São Miguel do Castelo church and the entire historic center that is full of history and monuments and churches that you will love to know with our friendly guide.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tesouro Museu da Se Catedral, Rua D. Paio Mendes, Braga 4700-424 Portugal
After lunch, we will discover the city of Braga where we start by visiting the Braga Cathedral (Sé de Braga) - the oldest in the country.
The visit continues through the Treasury-Museum of the Cathedral of Braga and the historic center, namely the Santa Bárbara garden.
Still in the afternoon we will visit the beautiful sanctuaries (Bom Jesus do Monte and Our Lady of Sameiro) that are located in this city known as Portuguese Rome.
At the end of this fabulous day full of history, relax and enjoy the photos and stories you take with you!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Porto;Our staff is identified with a Brand Tours sign waiting for you in the lobby;Our staff is on site approx. 15 minutes before departure;You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.Airports
- Porto Airport, Porto Portugal
- Cruise Terminal of the Port of Leixões, Rua do Godinho, Portaria junto do monumento Senhor do Padrão, 4450-208 Matosinhos, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.