Longest passage cave of the Swabian Alb.
Beautiful view from the mountain spur above the cave and the ruin Hofen.
Experience untouched nature with all sences.
Pure fun and adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour through the Gustav-Jacob Cave
- The necessary equipment in the form of helmet and headlight will be provided.
- Insolvency insurance
What's excluded :
- Arrival and departure to the parking lot Ruine Hofen is by your own car
- Catering (if necessary)
Explore with us the wild, completely nature Gustav-Jacob Cave. With a length of 210 metres, the main cave forms the longest passage cave in the Swabian Alb. The cave meanders through a mountain spur below the ruin of Hofen Castle and was only discovered in 1936 by the two community worker Gustav Fetzer and Jakob Kazmaier.
Here children have a clear advantage, because the cave is quite low, almost always narrow. Therefoe, standing upright tend to be the exception for adults. A high fun and adventure factor is therefore guaranteed. In the cave we are impressed by real works of art made of stalactites and as soon as we are bent around a corner, the picture is already changing again.
A few dates at a glance:
Community of Grabenstetten, district of Reutlingen
10-12°C all year round
Beautiful stalactites and sinter formations
Only possible from 01 April to 30 September.
A few dates at a glance:
Parking place Ruine Hofen on the outskirts of Grabenstetten
approx. ca. 210 meters
Duration of the tour:
approx. 2 hours
Departure Point :Hofener Weg 65, 72582 Grabenstetten, Germany
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is unfortunately not suitable for people with reduced mobility. Otherwise, a normal physical condition is sufficient.
- Sturdy shoes, ideally ankle-high, are recommended. (can get wet and dirty)
- For people who suffer from claustrophobia or fear of dark, this tour is also not suitable.
- Good surefootedness required for steep and sometimes slippery accesses.
- Clothes can get dirty! Please take outerwear with you to change after the tour.
- Gloves are recommended.
- In case of thunderstorms and heavy rainfall we reserve the right to cancel the tour, even at short notice, for safety reasons.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is less suitable for people who are clearly overweight and claustrophobic.
- This tour is suitable for children 6 years and older.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.