Ha Noi Private city tour and water puppet private tour
-Travel to the most iconic destinations in Hanoi, learning about the rich and unique history of this city, with our knowledgable guides, every question of you will be answered, The Temple of Literature - The first university of Vietnam, the spiritual Tran Quoc pagoda with its Buddism features, The Street Of Love, , Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum complex , Hoa Lo prison where shreds of the evidence of the war still remain here.
- Not only that, enjoy a water puppet show, an art form that dates back to the 11th century. The tradition of water puppet theatre stems from a time when rice paddy fields were flooded and villagers would make entertainment by standing in the waist-deep water with the puppets performing over the water.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Enjoy Vietnamese food at a local restaurant
- one bottle of water/ person
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Entry/Admission - Temple Of Literature
- Entry/Admission - Hoa Lo Prison
- Entry/Admission - Chua Tran Quoc
- Entry/Admission - Thang Long Water Puppet
What's excluded :
- Personal fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, 2 Hung Vuong Ba Dinh Square, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
8:30 am, ready to start the tour. Firstly visit Ho Chi Minh Complex; Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his house on stilts, the botanical garden, and the Presidential Palace while learning about his life and revolutionary activities. This used to be the residence of the Governor of Indochina. After 1954 it was named the Presidential Palace and became the place where Ho Chi Minh lived and worked until he passed away in 1969. On the way out visit the One Pillar Pagoda. The pagoda was constructed in 1049 by King Ly Thai Tong according to his dream of Bodhisattva sitting on a lotus flower and leading him to the pagoda. In 1954, the pagoda was destroyed by the French before their withdrawal. After taking over the city on October 10th, 1954, Vietnam Ministry of Culture restored the pagoda. The pagoda of today remains since this restoration
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple Of Literature, 58 Quốc Tử Giám, Văn Miếu, Đống Đa, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
-Around 11:00 am arrive at the Temple of Literature. This is the combination of the Confucius Temple which was built in 1070 and the first Royal National university in Vietnam built 6 years later in 1076. Considered as 'an escape' from the bustling city, this temple and its beautiful garden provides an opportunity to learn more about education in Vietnam since 1000 years ago until recent times.
-12:00am, enjoy a delicious lunch in local restaurant with traditional local Vietnamese Cuisines
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hoa Lo Prison, 1 Hoa Lo St Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 10000 Vietnam
13.00am, continue to visit Vietnamese History the Hoa Lo Prison Museum
ironically nicknamed the ‘Hanoi Hilton’ by US prisoners of war (POWs) during the American War. Most exhibits relate to the prison’s use up to the mid-1950s, focusing on the Vietnamese struggle for independence from France. A gruesome relic is the ominous French guillotine, used to behead Vietnamese revolutionaries. There are also displays focusing on the American pilots who were incarcerated at Hoa Lo during the American War.hese pilots include Pete Peterson (the first US ambassador to a unified Vietnam in 1995) and Senator John McCain (the Republican nominee for the US presidency in 2008). McCain’s flight suit is displayed, along with a photograph of Hanoi locals rescuing him from Truc Bach Lake after being shot down in 1967.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chua Tran Quoc, Thanh Nien, Hanoi 10000 Vietnam
15:30pm, Continue to visit the interesting Pagoda :Tran Quoc Pagoda is the oldest of its kind in Hanoi, dating back to the 6th century during the reign of Emperor Ly Nam De Dynasty (544 - 548). The Buddhist shrine has undergone several changes throughout the years, particularly it's renaming from An Quoc to Tran Quoc (protecting the country) by Emperor Le Huy Tong in the 17th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Thang Long Water Puppet, 57B Dinh Tien Hoang - Hoan Kiem - Ha Noi, Hanoi 10000 Vietnam
- Enjoy a traditional Water Puppet show, an art form that dates back to the 11th century. The tradition of water puppet theatre stems from a time when rice paddy fields were flooded and villagers would make entertainment by standing in the waist-deep water with the puppets performing over the water. Using large rods to support the puppets it appeared as if they were moving across the water with the puppeteers hidden behind a screen.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our guest at every hotel in The Old Quarter, please contact us if you're outside of this areaTel: 0981386158
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.