Hacienda Campo Rico Heritage Tour
The Hacienda Campo Rico Heritage Tour explores a former 2,300 acre sugar-cane plantation, a natural oasis in the city that is located only 25 minutes from San Juan and provides guests with a narrated, family oriented journey through time, from the early 1900s to present day. The duration of the tour is 1 hour and 30 minutes and offers entry to a premium estate, as well as an exclusive, locals-only experience.
Your visit takes you to a historical plantation surrounded by pristine landscapes, a subtropical forest, and island mangroves. The trolley adventure allows your party to experience a close encounter with a large variety of tropical fauna and exotic animals. During your visit you will have the opportunity to discover the main historical plantation house that we fondly call Mi casa, translated My Home. The journey finishes at the Mojito Bar where you may purchase refreshments, local food and souvenirs before heading back home.
per adult from
What's included :
- Enjoy a refreshing Piña Colada or a local expresso coffee. For the young at heart, we offer a traditional Puerto Rican popsicle, or you can keep it simple with seasonal fruit
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda Campo Rico
What's excluded :
- Drinks and meals at the Mojito Bar
- Transportation (we are happy to help arrange your transportation pick up)
- Upon your arrival the plantation guides will greet the group and take them to the Mojito Bar for checking.
The tour begins at the Mojito Bar and Coffee Shop with a complementary taste of Puerto Rico. Enjoy a refreshing Piña Colada or a local expresso coffee. For the young at heart, we offer a traditional Puerto Rican popsicle, or you can keep it simple with seasonal fruit. After the brief intro and safety instructions, the adventure begins…
The first part of the tour will take you through a beautiful scenic trail to a sugar cane, papaya and almond plantation. Next you'll visit Paseo San Luis where you will learn a brief history and important facts about the sugar cane industry in Puerto Rico. You'll also learn some important information about El Yunque Rainforest and Puerto Rico’s favorite amphibious El Coqui Frog Farm. Enjoy a bottled water and coconut traditional candy (beso de coco).
Make your way across the countryside, listening to narrated stories about the history, native wildlife and traditions of Puerto Rico. During your visit you will have the opportunity to discover the main historical plantation house that we fondly call Mi casa, translated My Home. This majestic landmark decorates the fields of Hacienda Campo Rico.
A stop midway through the ride gives you the opportunity to disembark and meet our farm raised animals. Enjoy feeding the locals residents: pigs, goats, sheep, exotic birds, cattle and horses. The journey then continues through the hacienda and back to the Mojito Bar where you may purchase refreshments, local food and souvenirs before heading back.
Departure Point :Mojito Bar, Carolina, 00987, Puerto Rico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.