Hadrian's Villa and Villa D'Este in Tivoli - Private Tour from Rome
Located just outside of Tivoli, Hadrian's Villa Adriana is a collection of classical buildings. It was a "small town" consisting of palaces, fountains and baths, as well as other structures that mimic various Greek and Egyptian architectural tyles.The construction of the Villa Adriana came about two to the fact that Hadrian was unhappy in the palace on Palatine Hill It was a place to be seen as a retreat.The Canopus, an enormous pool surrounded by columns, is a copy of a sanctuary located near Alexandria.Although during the sixteenth century many of the statues and marble elements of Hadrian's Villa were looted to decorated the nearby Villa d'Este, a Renaissance-style mansion with a garden that is a UNESCO site.All the rooms in the Villa d'Este are beautifully decorated with frescoes on the walls and ceilings. Although the most breath-taking part of the villa are the fantastic views of the garden and the countryside below.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur;
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal;
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Villa Adriana;
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Villa Adriana;
- Entrance to the Imperial baroque Villa D'Este.
- Entry/Admission - Villa Adriana
- Entry/Admission - Villa d'Este
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages;
- Gratuities (optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa Adriana, Largo Marguerite Yourcenar 1, 00019, Tivoli Italy
Hadrian's Villa (Hadrian's Villa) in Tivoli witnesses to the grandeur of the Roman Empire. It is one of the best kept and most visited archaeological sites in Italy. Was built by Roman Emperor Hadrian at the foot of the Tiburtine Hills between 118 and 138 AD. The vast residential complex extends over an area of 120 hectares (about 300 acres) and looks very much like an ancient Roman city. The site includes buildings, baths, temples, barracks, theaters, gardens, fountains and nymphaeum halls. The villa itself was designed for two levels: the upper floor was quiet, and the room was laid out.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Villa d'Este, Piazza Trento 5, 00019, Tivoli Italy
Tivoli is a small town, located approximately 30 minutes drive from Rome and is the home of Villa d'Este, the masterpiece of the Italian Gardens, which is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. It with a magnifying glass of fountains, nymphs, grottoes, plays of water, and music, it constitutes a model for European gardens in the mannerism and baroque styles. The garden is considered to be the most important part of the ancient history of the city itself as the Villa Adriana, as well as a wealthy area in caves and waterfalls, displaying the unending battle between water and stone. Babylon, one of the wonders of the ancient world. The addition of water, including an aqueduct tunneling beneath the city, evoking the engineering skill which the Romans themselves had.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 9:00 am OR 2:30 pm at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Customers with physical limitations can walk inside the archeological area;
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults;
- A small amount of walking is involved;
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.